Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I am 90% sure that I will buy a is350 right now. However, I am stuck in a small delima... The is350 I am tying to buy is a used 2006 with Navigation but I don't know if it has a mark levinson system or not. I have read many review sites that mention that if you buy a is350 with navi it automatically comes with the mark levinson sound system. Can anyone confirm this? Does all 2006 is350/navi come with the mark levinson system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I am 90% sure that I will buy a is350 right now. However, I am stuck in a small delima... The is350 I am tying to buy is a used 2006 with Navigation but I don't know if it has a mark levinson system or not. I have read many review sites that mention that if you buy a is350 with navi it automatically comes with the mark levinson sound system. Can anyone confirm this? Does all 2006 is350/navi come with the mark levinson system?

Thanks!
I can confirm anyone who claims ML "comes with" nav is lying.

Does that help?

the 2IS is available in any of the following 3 ways:

Navigation by itself without ML

Mark Levinson by itself without nav

Navigation WITH Mark Levinson (this is the only config that includes a DVD changer rather than a CD changer).

The only way to tell, beyond having someone from Lexus run the VIN, is to physically look (ML is printed on the stereo, and on the amp in the trunk, and the speaker number and location is different between the two... or you can insert a DVD and see if it reads it.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that clears up things.... the IS350 I am getting doesn't have a ML audio but hey what the hell right? You can't get everything you want... lol anyways I can't wait to get my car next week!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I bought my 06' IS with NAV, it came with ML system...

by the way--i PM u about giving you a present for ur 350. felt like being nice and generous today...for some odd reason.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

by the way--i PM u about giving you a present for ur 350. felt like being nice and generous today...for some odd reason.

Thanks!!! that would be helpful!! I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts

You mean it came with the Nav and ML options.

ML doesn't "come" with Nav, it's an additional option. (and as I say can be had with or without Nav)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You mean it came with the Nav and ML options.

ML doesn't "come" with Nav, it's an additional option. (and as I say can be had with or without Nav)
:suspiciou exactly....

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
I have the nav/BT/rear camera package, but no ML.

If it has the ML system it says it right on the unit, on the lower right corner.
Also, the center speaker works, whereas the regular radio, it does not.

·
my.IS Lifetime Supporter
43 Posts
It is a little confusing to figure out what option package a particular car has when buying a used IS350. I find it so irritating every time I am hunting one down that the broker lists the options generically like "ML Package". The truth is the "ML Package" means something different in every market. To add to the confusion used car brokers often misidentify what options the vehicle has. I have personally been disappointed at least three times by IS350's that were supposed to have ARCC/PCS only to discover after driving or flying out that it didn't.

In 2006 the option packages available for the IS350 depended on what market the car was being sold in. According to what I've read IS350's sold in California, for example, did not offer an option package that included ML without NAVI. It seems NAVI and ML were a bundled option. That's not to say you could not find a used one in Cali today because of cars that were special ordered or moved here from another state but it does make them rare here.

As another example it's rare to find a 2001 IS300 with cloth interior because only a few select markets in the U.S. had this option available. Even though this is very unusual it pays to ask lots of questions before the sale especially if you are buying from an on-line auction. Learn from my mistakes, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts