Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my old IS i had window tint over the entire back window....on this car the guy said it is not possible to put tint over the back window brake light so he cut around it....also on the back doors on the smaller side windows....he could not go all the way on the top so theres like a line around it cuz he said otherwise he would have to cut the rubber to move the paper so far up....does that sound about rite?

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he said that backlight can not be detached but others can be

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya cuz it looks weird i guess im not use to it since my old is had the whole window

·
Registered
514 Posts
i have the same problem adn the guy who did the window is being a totally asshole about it! so i am just going to have someone else do it and when it comes to warranty it just have redo it if anything goes around!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
It was nice because the IS300 had the brake light in the spoiler so that was never an issue. I think the brake light looks better in the spoiler than in the window. One thing I wish you could do is if you have a 3rd brake light in the spoiler you can disconnect/remove the one in the back window. (Can you do that? I don't think so...)I think it looks bad when you have the one in the back window and spoiler lit at the same time, IMO. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ummm my is300 had a back light in the window....and i got a spoiler put in after so i had two lights...

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
My bad. I thought all IS300s had the brake light only in the spoiler. I had never seen in person one that had a brake light in the window, so I assumed... OK. Some IS have it in the back window, many have it in the spoiler.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
two lights doesn't look good IMO

tinting around the back light looks terrible! don't let the tint people fool you

·
Registered
132 Posts
I own a tint shop in Az and I just got a new 06 IS350 and my tinter will remove the rear deck to tint the whole rear window!!!!!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!Looks way cleaner!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
SANWONG said:
I own a tint shop in Az and I just got a new 06 IS350 and my tinter will remove the rear deck to tint the whole rear window!!!!!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!Looks way cleaner!!!!!!
Post some pictures once its done

·
Registered
69 Posts
knihc2008 said:
oh. HAHA woops :-x

i need to research more on tints.
Ya, the lower the number the darker it is. The percentage refers to the amount of light that passes through, not the % of black tint. It depends on which state, but typical legal tints range from 20%-35% for regular passenger vehicles. 5% is limo tint.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts