Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I posted a similar thread earlier, but now I found the IS350 crowd, that is what I own, so makes sense to pose this here. I love my IS350, I have a couple guys back home that swear by the G35, and now that the G37 came out, it always seems to be about displacement instead of total ride. What do you guys think about the G35/37, and compare it to our IS350's. Luxury, speed and torque, options, reliability, resale value, etc...thanks-mike

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The IS is better in virtually every single way.

The G37 has slightly more power, but is also heavier, so it doesn't end up being any faster for the 10% or so extra power.

The interior quality on the G, while much better thna the previous gen, still isn't up to Lexus standards.

Handling is about the same for actual performance, the G probably offers more feedback from the road if that's an issue for you though.

Reliability, Lexus is head and shoulders better, same with resale value.

The G35 sedan has a little more room in the rear, though obviously the G37 coupe doesn't... that's about the only place the G 'wins' really.

I looked at/test drove both a G35 sedan and an IS350 a fair bit before buying, and the IS was the pretty clear winner.

·
Registered
102 Posts
one advantage of the G37 imo is it's 6spd manual trans. :p

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
From a roll anything past 20mph the G37 beats the IS350, not by much.
G37 looks much better than the IS350 too. But this being an IS forum, im sure many will beg to differ. Then again, it isnt fair comparing a coupe against a sedan when it comes to looks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i test drove both and decided to spend a lil extra on the is350, I decided that i wanted the luxury vs the power. they are both great cars but i think the is350 is the clear winner. i just got my 350 2 weeks ago and i absolutely love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IS350 luxury/power/comfort > G35/G37.. G37 is just too heavy for the amount of hp it has..

·
Registered
55 Posts
G is a great car. But yes, the total package is better in the IS350 IMO. Plus it's faster to 60mph! :)
Isn't the G37 suppose to be faster than the IS350?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree. the IS350 is better package. And I think it's nicer looking than the G also. It's just my opinion. I'm stating anything as facts here.
Question: With the new 08' you can turn the VDIM completely off now,so, the 0-60 mph times are with the VDIM on? Anyone know what the number is with it off? I know it's faster. I turn the VDIM off and switch the ECT to power, and the whole attitude of the car changes! Just curious.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I agree. the IS350 is better package. And I think it's nicer looking than the G also. It's just my opinion. I'm stating anything as facts here.
Question: With the new 08' you can turn the VDIM completely off now,so, the 0-60 mph times are with the VDIM on? Anyone know what the number is with it off? I know it's faster. I turn the VDIM off and switch the ECT to power, and the whole attitude of the car changes! Just curious.
Yes you can turn it off.
I'm sure the 4.9tics to 60mph is with it off.
Yes, you'll change the dynamics of the car in the scenario you mentioned, just be careful.
Regarding the left slip, can't remember but it could have been an SRT8 on a good run. Heavy car, but 425 hpower. Just not as fun on the inside! ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was just curious. I'm sure they were surprised! I mean the SRT8's engine is almost twice the size and a V8, pushed that hard by a little 3.5 V6!? Nice run! And way to represent!
You know, I was so impressed with the performance of the IS 350 from the Moroso Track day, that is why I just got mine last week! And the ISF was just plain badboy! I know there are faster cars out there, but not many as fast as the ISF and able to take my wife and parents to the resturaunt in also! But the ISF was outside of my budget. Maybe a couple more years. And it'll give me a chance to see if they evolve it. I am very happy with the IS 350. I've already scared the wife a few times. LOL!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
a stock g37 coupe
Definatley not stock bro!!!
For the Infiniti being a 2 door coupe, and boost more hp,( although that number comes way high in the rpm range), the 4 door IS350 is still faster by comparison in all the performance tests Iv'e read. And I would have thought the fairer comparison would have been the G37 sedan vs. the IS 350! And that wouldn't even be a fun race.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The G37s problem is that it's PIG heavy yet light on torque... 3668 curb weight for the G37 sport, with 330hp at 7000 rpms and 270 torque at 5200 rpms.

The IS350 is only 3527 curb weight and has 306hp at 6400 rpms and 277 torque at 4800 rpms.

So the G37 has 24 more horsepower, but 7 -less- torque, it makes the torque later, and it is lugging 141 more pounds around too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
yo smooth don't forget you have an end of july deadline on the beast..... i'd hate for you to be empty handed..... LOL..... no pressure or anything!!!! hehe....

1 - 20 of 118 Posts