Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend owns a 1990 Chevy 1500 with a supercharger, exhaust, air filter, and injection. I dont know if he has the optional 5.7l though. He wants to race me in my IS350 with just a little extra weight taken out. I know the Chevy weighs about 3900 ibs, but I'm guessing he's putting out around 450hp maybe more. Could I win, considering he has the stock transmission and it might not be able to handle the power well? I have a feeling I would get utterly embarassed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yeah those trucks like most are front heavy, wont hold traction... and either way you should take him on a roll too, they usually have low gears and start loosing momentum after about 80! is350's are quick anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
like the others have said, from a stand still, you're good. If possible, see how his tires are, and make sure he doesnt hit you with the okie doke, by putting on slicks or something before you go for it ;)

Better be doing this on a track!

/public service announcement

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Of course, that no traction disadvantage is erased, by simply pulling that transfer case lever into 4x4. just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts