Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father has been looking at the IS-F. His main complaint is that the seat is uncomfortable because the bolsters are to tight for him. Do you think it is possible to put the back portion of the is350 seat into an IS-F? Will the leather match? I know the stitching wont match but that doesnt seem that big of a deal.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My father has been looking at the IS-F. His main complaint is that the seat is uncomfortable because the bolsters are to tight for him. Do you think it is possible to put the back portion of the is350 seat into an IS-F? Will the leather match? I know the stitching wont match but that doesnt seem that big of a deal.
Plus you can have the seat ventilators as part of it. That's one part I miss on my IS350 when switching to the IS-F.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Sounds feasible...

If you get a set with ventilated seat option, you will also have to upgrade the center console heating & cooling switches, which should work as well..

Joe Z

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
It could be possible with the right amount of money, but the million dollar question would be, is it worth it? Toyota/Lexus does not sell whole seat assemblies. You have to buy each part piece by piece. That means you have to buy the seat padding, leather covers, the frame back, and etc seperately.

The leather will not match (granted you have the black leather interior). The inner part of the perforations on the IS-F Black leather are dyed blue.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I just saw the blue in the perforations. I found the seats at a junkyard for 450 a piece so it wouldnt have been to bad. We test drove the car and he said it wasnt as bad as the first time he sat in it so hopefully I wont have to do this.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Maybe give it a few days or weeks for him to get used to it. Then he might say he wont ever go back to anything else. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
if he decides to get the f ill trade him my seats plus some cash, mine are white and look brand new sense my car has less than 1,000 miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts