Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to TOL in miami and saw the red car in the tent the pic is below on the left...but this color however looks NOTHING like the matador red mica or the "red" color they have in all these articles n postings and the pic posted on the right....what is the deal are there two red colors cuz ppl at the show called it fire mist.....so what color is this in my pic??? my red cars and the other one from autospies dont look nothing alike...the one wev all seen looks burgundy in pix...the car i personally is a total red metallic...whas the deal?
_____
I called Lexus and they said it could be very possible they made that candy apple red color named Fire Mist just for the prototype....but why on earth would they do that? The red on the left in my pix is what i wan and matador red is not the name of it, matador from what i understand is on the very right...what can i do to get this color and why would lexus do that?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Matador Red is a metallic, almost gangster flake red. Its OK, but its no Auburn Sky Pearl.

Even my car looks like its different colors in different pics. Probably just the camera and ligthing playing tricks with you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flatline IS said:
Matador Red is a metallic, almost gangster flake red. Its OK, but its no Auburn Sky Pearl.

Even my car looks like its different colors in different pics. Probably just the camera and ligthing playing tricks with you.
the point is i saw the first two pics in person and can someone agree that, those two pics are NOT the matador red mica??? cuz the color looks the same as the pics but yet the pic next to it is what everyone says is matador red mica and the two colors have TOO MUCH of a obvious difference to call it a lighting issue or camera issue specially when iv seen the RED one

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
the point is i saw the first two pics in person and can someone agree that, those two pics are NOT the matador red mica??? cuz the color looks the same as the pics but yet the pic next to it is what everyone says is matador red mica and the two colors have TOO MUCH of a obvious difference to call it a lighting issue or camera issue specially when iv seen the RED one
The two pics are Matador Red Mica. For one, the pics of you with the car are distorted by two artificial sources of light. 1) The flash from the camera, and 2) the indoor lighting in that tent.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Flipside909 said:
The two pics are Matador Red Mica. For one, the pics of you with the car are distorted by two artificial sources of light. 1) The flash from the camera, and 2) the indoor lighting in that tent.
so then what is color of that third pic i pasted from autospies cuz TRUST ME i saw the RED IN PERSON with my own eyes and regardless of color and flash it is TRUELY RED and NOT a burgundry or cranberry red like MRM is suppose to be ...i cant explain enough that the first two pics show the TRUE RED COLOR ANDTHAT IS EXACTLY how the color looks IN PERSON, and i KNOW THAT COLOR IS NOT MDM

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Matador Red which I've seen in person looks nothing like that picture on the left. But we've not heard of another red before - very interesting.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
webmaster said:
Matador Red which I've seen in person looks nothing like that picture on the left. But we've not heard of another red before - very interesting.
I love that color and it looks so beautiful you have no idea how nice it looks and i have called corporate and asked as well the only realistic possible answer I got was that it could be a prototype color only since those cars were not actuals. BUT that leads me to ask why on earth would lexus make ONLY ONE color thats not in the lineup and let alone show it all around the country....I love that color I wish you all can see it in person...it is totally amazing. Someone PLEASE Help me i want this color soo bad and its the only color i really love...so there has to be a way to do something about it n get a name of it or call someone who knows something about it

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
The color in the middle picture is definitely off, most likely due to the flash - is the middle picture (with you?) the same car as the left pic? Hmmm.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it is, just a little off cuz lighting but the pic on the very left is identical color they called it fire mist

·
Registered
482 Posts
I saw a red IS last night at the dealership and it looked like it was between the IS with you and the press pic.

I felt it looked awesome...I wonder if it is the same colour you are thinking about.

Hmm...actually after looking at the middle pic more closely I swear that is the colour I saw. Maybe the dealership lights were making it brighter than it is in daylight. I dunno but it wasnt like the right pic.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob L said:
I saw a red IS last night at the dealership and it looked like it was between the IS with you and the press pic.

I felt it looked awesome...I wonder if it is the same colour you are thinking about.

Hmm...actually after looking at the middle pic more closely I swear that is the colour I saw. Maybe the dealership lights were making it brighter than it is in daylight. I dunno but it wasnt like the right pic.
see the thing is the pic on the very left is the most accurate one n is the exact color so help me out somebody

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Here's Matador Red in the sun. Vehicle is a corporate demo 06 GS430 before it was released on sale in February. Pics courtesy of rpwsrw:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that so is the color .........ur a savior bro.... i almost chaged my dam mind cuz i thought they dint mkae that color....so if thats the MRM....wtf is that other color that looks like a cranberry red???? but actually as im writing this i saw the first pic u posted and then the last one and the colors look totally different...so does the color completely change in sun and is it more red or more burgundy? seems like in light it is totally red

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
so if thats the MRM....wtf is that other color that looks like a cranberry red????
That red in the Lexus press photo that autospies tagged their name all over is Matador Red. The photo was taken during dusk (afternoon) so it looks that color. Plus the color balance is a bit off. What a camera picks up from all different sources of light and what you see with the naked are are two different things. Unfortunately, not all camera lenses and lighting conditions will pickup the true definition of color like the naked eye will. ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so indeed since youv seen this car in person, does it truely even in person have two colors, a red in sunlight and a maroon in darkness or what??

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
so indeed since youv seen this car in person, does it truely even in person have two colors, a red in sunlight and a maroon in darkness or what??
Call it irridescent if you will. Yes i've seen both of them New IS & GS in Matador Red. Direct sunlight shows the metallic flake in the paint. Under dim lighting conditions, it looks like a regular red/maroon color.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you look at my first two pix does that look like the same color basically?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts