Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted a bazillion things on here ...i just want ppls two cents...
if a lease a 350 with nice package and even just nav or both nav and ML package the lease comes out to 783-844 a month dependin on nav only or nav n ml...thats just way too much for me its like a house payment...plus id never own it truely...if i buy and finance n give like 10k down my payment would be like 692-731 a month n if i sell it after 3 years (same term as lease) based on the 62% residual value id get back enough to pay off the remaining loan balance and get back my down payment...plus in the worse case i own the car no milage worries, i do whatever i want to the car mods n all, plus if anythin i can keep it forever or however long or even pay it off early....its almost like i know i wanna buy but i was soo wantin to lease n then the nums look so bad n id never put a down on a lease its jus stupid its throwin money away...so gimmi all ur opinions

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Spending money on a car technically is a very stupid thing... even though it can give "car guys" much enjoyment. Atleast a house may increase in value with time... while a car goes down down down.

If you plan on keeping the IS350 for a long while... then finance it. If you want to lease... but are concerned about the price... get an IS250 and load it up with similar equipment.

In reagards to modding... I'm not sure if the new IS is going to be as mod friendly as the IS300.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if spending money on a car is stupid then how stupid is it to spend money on a car you dont even own and give back (lease)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
well if spending money on a car is stupid then how stupid is it to spend money on a car you dont even own and give back (lease)
Well for people in business... leasing turns out to be a good option because they can claim it as an expense. Also people who want the latest cars all the time like leasing because they can just get rid of the car at the end of the term.

But you should look at the overall costs of the two options and see which one works out best for you. Even though leasing may give you lower monthly payments... you might end up spending a helluva lot more in the longrun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are getting 784-850 lease quotes then the dealer is raping you. With taxes and nothing but inception fees down your lease shouldn't be more then about $700 a month at 36 months. That is based on 45k base price with no negotiation on it. Make damn sure you know what the dealer is doing with residual and MF on the car it sounds very much like they are trying to pull in an extra 3k or so on the back end of the deal.

·
Registered
547 Posts
just wait...its just a car
800 to 900 on a IS lexus..c'on now,
and already you thinking about selling it in 3 years.

you're just going to crazy on this shit mang

·
Registered
366 Posts
cressler said:
If you are getting 784-850 lease quotes then the dealer is raping you. With taxes and nothing but inception fees down your lease shouldn't be more then about $700 a month at 36 months. That is based on 45k base price with no negotiation on it. Make damn sure you know what the dealer is doing with residual and MF on the car it sounds very much like they are trying to pull in an extra 3k or so on the back end of the deal.
The residual is set in stone. From there you have the individual's credit rating, which you don't know, which varies payments quite a bit. Lexus also doesn't have any special MF on this car right now. SO it is standard MF. You can go to Lexus.com and it will give you a fair idea on lease payments. not exact, but an idea.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wow those are crap monthly lease payments. I am paying less than $650/mo for my 2005 $51k S4 with only 1500 down....

And I write it off as a business expense. LOL

If you can wait a little bit, maybe the prices will go down. Seems like the dealers are marking them up.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
$800 house payment...where? :lol:

If you can wait, there will be lease deals. By next year we should see $399-$499 a month for a 350 and $299 for a 250. You just have to wait.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:
$800 house payment...where? :lol:

If you can wait, there will be lease deals. By next year we should see $399-$499 a month for a 350 and $299 for a 250. You just have to wait.
$800 is obtainable where I live. Yes, for those of you that are budget conscious, wait for a while and you'll be able to save on a lease payment.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
that is the downside about wanting/buying the newest model out in the market especially if it's very popular. there is no room for negotiations.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I pay 600$/m for a $62K jag and I put less than $4K down. In the beginning I wanted a new GS, but all I could get was a GS300 for that price. I think they are pricey for two reasons. The actuators don't have enough data to compute residual value so they play it safe and ram you in the ass, and probably more likely, it's a new car. Let the hype calm down, wait and buy or lease when inventory starts to catch up.

Sam

·
Registered
280 Posts
rllis300 said:
Wow those are crap monthly lease payments. I am paying less than $650/mo for my 2005 $51k S4 with only 1500 down....

And I write it off as a business expense. LOL

If you can wait a little bit, maybe the prices will go down. Seems like the dealers are marking them up.

Thats waht I am wondering about. I have awesome credit. I wonder what a lease on a 35K car would be. I am probably going to get a BASE 350 w/2K down soon. ARGH! I wish the 250 was powerful enough for me.(Drove them both today) Maybe if I can get a deal on the 250....

My friend leased his Pathfinder(33k) 2K down and pays $359 a month.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would say get the car you want (sounds like the 350 with ML and NAV)... but don't let them make u regret it... so make sure you get a good deal. That lease sounds incredibly high to me... so you might have to wait to get a good deal.

As far as lease vs. buy... if you like new cars... lease... if you drive your cars to the ground... buy.

spend some time getting multiple quotes from different dealers or see if there are any services you cant take advantage of... my friend successfullu used these guys to get a good deal on his 325.

http://www.cartelligent.com/

·
Registered
151 Posts
I leased a 2005 LS430 for 735$ a month. That seems a bit high, but then again credit is a factor.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
If these cars sell as well as I suspect they will (very poorly) then the lease deals will crop up in 6-8 months and the firesale will occur next summer to blowout the remaining stock before the new model year.

Specifically, to your case, I would not even consider a lease in the ~$700 range for this car. Those numbers sound like an S4 or C55 deal to me. I wouldn't count on traditional Lexus type residuals either on first year cars.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jinetix said:
I leased a 2005 LS430 for 735$ a month. That seems a bit high, but then again credit is a factor.
see the thing is i agree with you a 100% my credit score is 695 so its not bad but not top level either....but i know the difference between my score n top score is only 20 dollar a month difference...go on lexus.com under payment estimater and look it up by putting in the 42k-44k price no down payment and youll see what i mean....mind telling me how you got a LS for that little? giving down payment on a lease is dead money it defeats the purpose

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
your lease figures are incorrect...

do a search on google for a lease calculator

my 1st generation IS cost me 399/month with 2 grand down... granted, the IS350 is a few grand more, but it wont double or triple your lease payment.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HoustonLex said:
your lease figures are incorrect...

do a search on google for a lease calculator

my 1st generation IS cost me 399/month with 2 grand down... granted, the IS350 is a few grand more, but it wont double or triple your lease payment.
I want a is350 with options to where my total will be between 42k-44k so what would that lease come out to ZERO DOWN except startup costs if anything...??? 695 credit score

1 - 20 of 28 Posts