Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
if you're going to sema, make sure to keep your eyes sharp, i've already spotted a nice IS350, metador red + performance pckg + navi + ML @ Mackin's booth, made me both mad & happy @ the same time. :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,660 Posts
relax, the show opened today...and webmaster is there, there should be pictures by the end of the week i'm sure...:approve:
 

·
Übercargeek
Joined
·
16,623 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
relax, the show opened today...and webmaster is there, there should be pictures by the end of the week i'm sure...:approve:
Sorry, but I just spoke to Webmaster and he's NOT going to SEMA this year. The hurricane Wilma aftermath and its consequent reduction in flights out of FLL just made it a bad time for him to go out there, as it did for me.

As to the pictures and info, the official Toyota/Scion/Lexus unveilings won't be happening until Wednesday 2 November starting at 9:10 AM Pacific Time.

In the meantime, though, I suspect that the IS350 DUB Edition discussed in this thread is SEMA-bound:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=271538
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,660 Posts
^^ oh well...thanks for the info...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
I'm heading out tomm. I'll take a close look in Mackine's booth... I have to talk to them about my rear twin caliper brake system anyway... Hope to see some of the fellow .net peeps there. Most of the members going are from Cali. and not many from the Eastcoast...
 

·
Threadlocker
Joined
·
8,984 Posts
isman, you should come out to thursday's drink get together or friday's dinner meet.

WEST forum for more details.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,660 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
ANYMORE PICS!!!! lol like a kid waiting for christmas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I'm really interested in the intake by ARC International. If anyone at SEMA can ask more about it...

1) Is ARC planning to manufacture that intake?
2) Does it employ a cone, or some other filter?
3) The little box on top looks like a piggyback, maybe?
4) The carbon fiber intake funnel is sick, any chance of that coming to market?
5) Any way anyone can get a listen to how that might sound?

Obviously, I'm jumping the gun a bit on this, but maybe someone can get some answers out of the Mackin guys. I'm just excited that potential aftermarket parts are already starting to show up...

Engine bay closeup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
^^

yes you may be jumping the gun, considering SEMA is where new products come out and then are possible 1 offs of production bound

1. wait for them to announce, or contact them
2. See that red foam thing, ARC on it (that is the fliter)
3. there is no box (unless you are looking at the thing with the fins on it)
4. Anything C/F is awesome IMO
5. wait
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
^^

yes you may be jumping the gun, considering SEMA is where new products come out and then are possible 1 offs of production bound

1. wait for them to announce, or contact them
2. See that red foam thing, ARC on it (that is the fliter)
3. there is no box (unless you are looking at the thing with the fins on it)
4. Anything C/F is awesome IMO
5. wait
Yep, I know, I was just hoping someone at SEMA could poke around for more info on it.

I didn't realize that red thing IS the filter, seems like an awfully awkward position to put the filter in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
DingDingDao said:
Yep, I know, I was just hoping someone at SEMA could poke around for more info on it.

I didn't realize that red thing IS the filter, seems like an awfully awkward position to put the filter in.

Open element filter nothing odd about it esp with ARC

Even though it seems there should be a box or a lid connected to that C/f scoop

who knows
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,754 Posts
LexusTBS said:
did anybody notice taht where they took off the plastic panel up front that there was no painting done there? A lil cost cutting? Humm..
yeh i noticed that too. looks pretty bad. definatly needs a radiator pannel to cover that up
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top