Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my first post, so take it easy on me. :)

I just picked up a black on black is350 yesterday.

What are you guys using to connect an ipod to the input under the arm rest? A link would be great.

Thanx

·
Registered
3,922 Posts

Belkin f8v20306gld-ap

If I remember correctly, it has a 3.5mm input. So this wire would work or anyother 3.5mm plugs on both ends.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
id use this:
iLounge Reviews

plus usb charger + 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo jack cable. line level circuitry is much better sound q then phone jack. never run out of battery. always have a docking conector with you.

Does this actually show info on screen? I have an 06 IS350 non ML system.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Does this actually show info on screen? I have an 06 IS350 non ML system.
None of the systems that just the AUX jack in the armrest will display anything on your nav or radio screen other than AUX.

If you want info on your screen (and use of the steering wheel controls) you'll need something like the TOY-PA20 for audio, or the VAIStech unit for audio and video (if you wanna play ipod movies on your nav screen)....

Note such units cost in the 200-300ish dollar range rather than the 20-30ish dollar range that the AUX units do... and you'll need to open up the dash/console area a bit and wire them in, rather than just plug em in in the center console.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:confused: an AUX works pretty well, that's what i use. can't complain one bit, sounds crisp, and clear. didn't cost more then $20, only problem is, i dunno if it will mess up my sound system. a friend of mine told me the AUX will eventually mess up your system but not sure if it's true :confused:

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
:confused: an AUX works pretty well, that's what i use. can't complain one bit, sounds crisp, and clear. didn't cost more then $20, only problem is, i dunno if it will mess up my sound system. a friend of mine told me the AUX will eventually mess up your system but not sure if it's true :confused:
I'd advise you to not listen to anything else your friend tells you, he has no idea what he's talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts