Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm about 99% sure I will trade in my 01 330I for the new IS350. Would it be safe to assume that the initial people who buy this car will pay msrp? I talk to my local Lexus dealer and they said they will only do msrp and offer no discounts. Do you feel that this will be the norm everywhere? Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maximus330I said:
Hey all,
I'm about 99% sure I will trade in my 01 330I for the new IS350. Would it be safe to assume that the initial people who buy this car will pay msrp? I talk to my local Lexus dealer and they said they will only do msrp and offer no discounts. Do you feel that this will be the norm everywhere? Thanks.
Yes....if you want the discount, wait 4-6 months

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Maximus330I said:
Hey all,
It is a new modle. of course no discounts will be offered. To get one cheaper you will have to wait a year or so. If you were a several lexus vehicle owning, returning customer to a particular dealership there might be some flexibility in price for you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes this is correct. I paid $36.5 k for my 01 GGP when it first came out. Its the price you pay to be the first kid on the block. Once you get over the initial sticker shock its a great feeling to have people compliment you on your car every time you stop for gas etc., the first few months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ska said:
Yes....if you want the discount, wait 4-6 months
Exactly. I spoke with a salesman today who informed me that they are taking $1000 NONREFUNDABLE deposits and already have several people on the list. Insane :rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's what I figured. Damn, what a dilemma! I have a perfectly fine 2001 330I and want the new IS soooo bad!

·
Registered
72 Posts
yep i'm thinking of even picking up a used one next year (haha if i can even find any) to save some money and get that fully loaded IS350 without a huge hit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts