Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have not seen this posted anywhere so sorry if this is old news. I got a voicemail from my Lexus sales gal last week stating that she had some updates for me. I had placed my deposit on the new IS350 at the beginning of the year. I finally met with her today and she told me the IS250 is still slated for an October release but that the IS350 would not be released until 3 or more months after the IS250 was released. Im kinda bummed about this but I guess it will give me a chance to look at the interior/exterior colors before placing my final order.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Do you have any "proof"?

·
3,369 Posts
I don't know about the States, but there's long been rumour that the IS350 will not be released initially in right-hand drive markets (except Japan). It is understood that the IS launch will involve the IS250 only.

Rumour is that Lexus needs several more months to shift their current stock of GS300 (except Japan where there was never any GS300), so as to synchronize a GS350 / IS350 launch in early 2006.

It's all rumour though, and I've no idea whether this has any bearing on the American release. Probably not...

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey guys...I'm new to the forum. Planning to get the IS250 AWD. You guys think the IS with have a L (luxury) & a S (Sport) version like Japan?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I'm not sure if they would actually be called "L" and "S" packages... but I'm sure a similar model breakdown would exist here.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
hmm... thats interesting cause my dealer definitely has not contacted me about this and i have a deposit down for a 350 thats supposed to be delivered in oct. :suspiciou

upnup... where are you located and what dealership gave you this info?

im gunna call lexus of tampa bay tomorrow morning and get this cleared up.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
At our short-lead press event today in NY, this was never mentioned by any of the Lexus representatives. We didn't think to ask, never thought it was an issue...

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
webmaster said:
At our short-lead press event today in NY, this was never mentioned by any of the Lexus representatives. We didn't think to ask, never thought it was an issue...
interesting...awaiting ur pictures, hope you and Joaquin had a nice time! enjoy the views? I wanna see some IS350 medieval style ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in San Antonio TX. Check with your sales associate. I would think all the US dealerships should have this same info.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
upnup said:
I live in San Antonio TX. Check with your sales associate. I would think all the US dealerships should have this same info.
yeah id think they would all have the same info too... thats why im surprised my dealership would not have called me by now with such important information.

im starting to rethink this whole buying a first year IS350 thing. yeah itd be cool to be the first on the block with one, but that'll wear off and soon they'll probably litter the roads (not thats totally a bad thing). just seems like there are too many unanswered questions out there. im seriously thinking about putting my money towards a used GS and waiting for an 07. :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry, but I dont understand this. I had a first year SC430 and never had a problem, still to this day never had a problem as my mom now has the car. I know this car actually has the least number of problems of any car out there, but still. I have faith in Lexus and my IS3 lease is up, you could make an argument to wait forever.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
scruffyburritos said:
im starting to rethink this whole buying a first year IS350 thing. yeah itd be cool to be the first on the block with one, but that'll wear off and soon they'll probably litter the roads (not thats totally a bad thing). just seems like there are too many unanswered questions out there. im seriously thinking about putting my money towards a used GS and waiting for an 07. :(
I doubt the IS350 will have the new car gremlins that other vehicles have. This is a Lexus afterall!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
According to Joaquin, the delay is in the 250 Manual. All the automatics are to be available October 1.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
hmm.. is that why the 250RWD was'nt available to the guys in CA and they got stuck with the 250AWD ?

Maybe they have'nt figured out that 6-spd transmission yet. Did you guys have fun up in NYC ? Sure wish I could have been there with you guys yesterday!

Like Tsop said.. lets see those pics when you get to them!

also.. any indication on pricing from yesterday's press event, considering launch is barely over a month away ??? I would expect some definite #'s soon enough!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Crester said:
I doubt the IS350 will have the new car gremlins that other vehicles have. This is a Lexus afterall!
LOL, you obviously didn't own a 2001 IS300, ask around. My tranny went out, had numerous rattles and creaks, and other quirks that were fixed by 02. First year cars can be a risk.

·
Registered
944 Posts
csdstudio said:
LOL, you obviously didn't own a 2001 IS300, ask around. My tranny went out, had numerous rattles and creaks, and other quirks that were fixed by 02. First year cars can be a risk.
you obviously over-generalized the 2001.

I have zero problems with my car..

well. actually. there is one... not fast enough acceleration right after term... and the ECU update i guess..

oh.. I had my first year tire recalled and had a brand new set..

other than these... no prob.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Crester said:
I'm not sure if they would actually be called "L" and "S" packages... but I'm sure a similar model breakdown would exist here.
On the Japanese site they have two versions L & S.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
300IS said:
you obviously over-generalized the 2001.

I have zero problems with my car..

well. actually. there is one... not fast enough acceleration right after term... and the ECU update i guess..

oh.. I had my first year tire recalled and had a brand new set..

other than these... no prob.

Agreed. I have an early 01 and it has been awesome. Tire issue was awesome cause we got new tires after 16 months of driving on the first set.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
csdstudio said:
Actually... I do have a 2001. And an early one at that! I know if had the transmission ecu upgrade and had it's under body panels fixed. But I believe that was it. The car drives very well now... although I do hear the occasional faint rattle here and there. It's usually from the sunroof... or a really quiet one in the driver's side of the dash. But for now... they aren't too loud.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts