Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a double post, but this snatched my eye...

Questions?
Comments?
concerns?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Those renderings have been around for a while. I think I saw 'em a few years ago when the 2nd Gen IS first came out. Nice idea but it'll probably never happen.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Those renderings have been around for a while. I think I saw 'em a few years ago when the 2nd Gen IS first came out. Nice idea but it'll probably never happen.
A poster by the name of Mkell made those photoshops awhile ago. They are not even close to official. It is nothing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There are plans for a convert. but it is going to be a hard top from what I heard

And I saw those back when I was on here all the time years ago, one of the original people to "leak" them to Autospies

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Oh come on. There is no way that these will come out. The 2IS is already halfway through its design life, it would have to be well on its way to release by now to be worth releasing in the current iteration of the IS.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
There is no IS coupe/convertible...let us cry...and move on.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Why?

Lexus has a test mule

Unless they are planning a redesign of facelift soon I could see a convert happening
Where's the test mule??? The car you see at the Nurburgring is the LF-A... not an IS Coupe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
awh im not a big fan of convertibles.
but ill make an acception to this one. looks pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
again not to fuel the fire but heres my story.
at the last lexus event/ ride and drive for employees they told us about the IS convertible. planned to come out in the next couple of years. talked about since 01 but fore sure going to happen soon. heres maybe the piece that might make some non-believers, believe. it will be the test for the possible removal of the sc430. as some may know the sc doesn't sell to well. its a small market with a high price tag. if they can make money on the cheaper convertible base, then they are going to drop the sc line.
totally makes sense, at least to me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
at the last lexus event/ ride and drive for employees they told us about the IS convertible. planned to come out in the next couple of years. talked about since 01 but fore sure going to happen soon. heres maybe the piece that might make some non-believers, believe. it will be the test for the possible removal of the sc430. as some may know the sc doesn't sell to well. its a small market with a high price tag. if they can make money on the cheaper convertible base, then they are going to drop the sc line.
That does make sense but the SC is a V8 and it makes it that much fun. What Toyota/Lexus needs to do is drop the IS-F V8 into a 2 door convertible. Haha! Wishful thinking though. That would be alittle scary uh? I still buy a SC though. I think there sexy.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Glad that someone else heard all this

I have 2 friends at the dealerships been close friends for years tell me the same

Plus the Marketing director for Lexus was at a test event and mentioned it, no need for him to lie he had a big part bringing the Altezza over in the 1st place years ago

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Sorry if this is a double post, but this snatched my eye...

Questions?
Comments?
concerns?

Comon sense would not allow you to eliminate the idea, they have made a two door coupe, hardtop convertible before ( sc430 ) . and considering they have the LF-A in progress, it would not be hard to mimic the chasis of the the LF-A or the Sc430.

I would definatly get a two door model of this car..but on the other hand you have to wonder if you want to give up the versatility of the 4 doors?

I really really want lexus to start production on a 2 door mid engine coupe. Like the MR2 turbo.. i really like that car.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Like MSMIS3 and wontwo, I heard the same from a source from the dealership, an IS hardtop convertible is definitely confirmed and on its way in a few years. I told him there are alot of non believers but he said just wait and you'll see in. I believe it, he has no reason to lie. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
In a few years... they will be close to having the next gen IS out... :blush:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts