Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes....this will be my second....I don't frequent this site as much....I like the more local Club Lexus site....I usually just read what's going on and add any helpful info....besides, I like doing other things other than post over 700 of my opinions:lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered a kit to do this on my IS350. I have one question for you guys! When I apply the Lexus decal, do I put that on before or after the clear coat seal? Or does the decal just go on the very top of everything?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I just ordered a kit to do this on my IS350. I have one question for you guys! When I apply the Lexus decal, do I put that on before or after the clear coat seal? Or does the decal just go on the very top of everything?
Before the clear coat so everything is sealed in under clear coat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow, Razal and laen82z... looking good. What color do you guys think would go well with a Matador Red Mica 2IS? I really liked the idea of Red/Gold (or Yellow). Has anyone done this combo before and if so, could you post pics? Thanks!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Wow, Razal and laen82z... looking good. What color do you guys think would go well with a Matador Red Mica 2IS? I really liked the idea of Red/Gold (or Yellow). Has anyone done this combo before and if so, could you post pics? Thanks!
The way I see it you have three options you could do with Matador Red...

1. Black Caliper - with a red or white sticker

2. Red Caliper - with a black or gold sticker

3. Gold Caliper - with red sticker

The third one is obviously a bit off the beaten path, but sometimes originality carries the day. I've never seen gold painted calipers on an IS, so I can't comment.

It think we've got people who have done red and black though. I chose white for mine because I thought it would compliment the paint nice and I'm very happy with my choice. 1 year later, the paint looks as good as it did on day one, the stickers are still in tact, the only problem is the calipers do get quite dirty (and I've switched to ceramic pads).

Good luck, take pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks. I've since added the decals but I opted to forgo the clear coat and it hasn't been an issue. You can't go wrong with black calipers and either red or white decals, especially with the color of your car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pulling this thread back from the dead again (sorry! lol)

What do you guys think about a blue caliper on a Black IS350 now that the IS:F has blue calipers? I've always thought of black on black or red on black... but now that there are F-Sport performance parts and the calipers are blue it's an interesting way to make your car look IS:Fish without forking over huge sums of money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My pics of calipers and hubs painted

I spent 12 hours painting my calipers and hubs, I also applied high heat clear onto calipers and hubs, main reason for this was to give my white Lexus sticker some more protection. It took this long because of drying times between coats of paint for calipers, hub paint, and clear coat top coat. These pic were taking over year ago and they are holding up prefectly.
1006.jpg

995.jpg

997.jpg

993.jpg

985.jpg

979.jpg

967.jpg

966.jpg

975.jpg

980.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
From Ebay typed in Lexus Decals and order from company that came up. So far so good decals holding up great. I recommend anyone doing there caliper should take the extra time and do the hubs, if not that will rust and look like crap especially if you live any where it snow like me.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Yep, doing the hubs really makes the job complete. I used some metal treatment that prevents rust and turned it into a black oxide coating, on the old IS300. It had been up north and through a winter of salt before I bought it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took these today to show how calipers and hubs have held up over past 14months this is second New York winter for them.
1267393947619.jpg

1267393908215.jpg

1267393559462.jpg

1267394133078.jpg
Check out rear hubs holding up great
1267394165731.jpg

1267393696496.jpg

41 - 60 of 78 Posts