20,661 Posts
062 Crystal White
074 Glacier Frost Mica
1G0 Smoky Granite (GGP Replacement)
1G1 Tungsten Pearl
202 Black Onyx
3R1 Matador Red
4P7 Mystic Gold
6U3 Desert Sage Metallic (Similar to Cypress Pearl)
8P8 Blue Onyx
8R6 Breakwater Blue

there is no "carbon black" for the new IS

·
Registered
40 Posts
breakwater blue or tungsten pearl...I hope both will be available at the dealership so I can choose between the two

·
Registered
43 Posts
matador red - there's nothing sexier than a slinky red dress

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
No Solar Yellow :(

Not really a fan of any of the colors, but must admit the Blue Onyx looked impressive in person. Leaning toward that one. Though for some reason the Matador Red is growing on me. I have never had a red car before so who knows.

Here is a shot of the Blue Onyx

Matador Red

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tsopranoMB said:
Blue Oynx or Smoky Granite Mica....if I had to choose
And from those two, how do you decide? Onyx looks the best when clean, but SGM is just a little different, something a bit more unique than black, but still darker than the commonly seen "silverstone"... I suppose onyx may be just a BIT more difficult to maintian than the SGM?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
GGP always a classy color

·
Registered
999 Posts
black!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
METEORO said:
No Solar Yellow :(

Not really a fan of any of the colors, but must admit the Blue Onyx looked impressive in person. Leaning toward that one. Though for some reason the Matador Red is growing on me. I have never had a red car before so who knows.

I used to think red was good for one make of car...think F430 or Enzo.. but I agree the red is growing on me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I will be getting an IS350 in smoky granite mica. This will replace my 01 GGP.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Won't know untill I see a Smokey Granite in person... hopefully it's darker than the current GGP that I have. Can anyone who's seen one in person comment?

Black and Blue Onyx are my other choices.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
AppStar said:
Won't know untill I see a Smokey Granite in person... hopefully it's darker than the current GGP that I have. Can anyone who's seen one in person comment?

Black and Blue Onyx are my other choices.
I have, it almost looks black. I was not too thrilled with the color though, kinda looked as if it was a black car, but dirty.

Attached is a pic I took of the Black Onyx and the SGM side by side at the NY Press event we attended.

Attachments

Reactions: AppStar

·
Registered
210 Posts
METEORO said:
I have, it almost looks black. I was not too thrilled with the color though, kinda looked as if it was a black car, but dirty.

Attached is a pic I took of the Black Onyx and the SGM side by side at the NY Press event we attended.
Awesome, Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean about the car feeling dirty. Sometimes I feel my GGP looks like faded Black paint. It will be a tough choice.

My only concern about Black is that I'm afriad the lack of color will absorb all those subtle styling cues I keep hearing about. Did they seem any more noticeable to you on the SGM?

That and it's a part time job to keep it clean. ;-)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts