Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here they are, for fightin with the dealer :

here is some good bargaining info for you all looking for 2002's, hope this helps someone, also, don't forget about the 2% kickback the sales person receives, which is $600 for something that costs $30,000. enjoy, sorry it is a .jpg , the ubb doesn't allow any code for spaces, a webpage with a url and something that can be cut and paste will be posted later if anyone wants, so that it can be cut and pasted and printed.

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: IS300GTE ]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Keep in mind that the 2% holdback is not something that the sales person gets.

If each sales person got $ 600 on top of the commission for each IS 300 sold all of us would be beating down the door to get a job there.

The holdback is paid to dealers 90 after the sale and it helps to pay the floorplan interest for the dealership

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doubtful, atleast not right away, but they might, it is atleast worth a try to print out and take with you and all.

Originally posted by phi:
IS300GTE, which dealership did you beat these prices out of? and will they honor TMV?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops, my mistake, i will fix that in a few.

Originally posted by marke1:
Why is the MSRP the same for all 3 vehicles?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, but that isn't the point, the point is, they still make that additional on top of the car, and it can be used as a bargaining tool, incase the sales person starts whining about how they aren't making any money on you or something is all i was saying.

Originally posted by Lexus Guru:
Keep in mind that the 2% holdback is not something that the sales person gets.

If each sales person got $ 600 on top of the commission for each IS 300 sold all of us would be beating down the door to get a job there.

The holdback is paid to dealers 90 after the sale and it helps to pay the floorplan interest for the dealership

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
those figures are a little off - my dad is the manager at Lexus of Watertown - i happened to snag a list of cars on their lot where they listed how much they pay for them...needless to say it was much higher than 25,775 for a base....im at work right now but ill see if i can swipe that list again

TMV - True Market Value

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: scoot557 ]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, if you have a list for the 2002 5 speed, and not the auto (the 5 speed will be cheaper of course) the scan it and post it, or email it to me or someone, and i will post the picture for you.

Originally posted by scoot557:
those figures are a little off - my dad is the manager at Lexus of Watertown - i happened to snag a list of cars on their lot where they listed how much they pay for them...needless to say it was much higher than 25,775 for a base....im at work right now but ill see if i can swipe that list again

TMV - True Market Value

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: scoot557 ]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
complete difference, msrp is sticker, and tmv is what they are going for in the real world.

Originally posted by LexusIS886:
MSRP and TMV: Whats the diff?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
print it out and bring it along, but i bet they won't do it when the car is first released, just like with the autos, when the car was first released, it was sticker or nothing.

Originally posted by Westside115:
How can I get the car at TMV? do I say.. well the tmv is this.. so can I get it at this price?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
complete difference, msrp is sticker, and tmv is what they are going for in the real world.

Originally posted by LexusIS886:
[qb]MSRP and TMV: Whats the diff?
[/QB]
What is confusing me is that TMV is lower then the MSRP. Well, in the real world, I see cars being sold over MSRP so wouldn't the TMV be above MSRP?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
MSRP = Manufactures Suggested Retail Price!
Unless the supply is less than the demand of the product you are looking at, you should never pay MSRP. The MSRP is used as standard for pricing a product in the market marketplace. The actual store or dealer then pays a dealer cost for that product which allows them x dollars of profit per sale. When the product is in great demand they know that they can make more monies off a sale so they then move the product price up as those who make it in such demand will pay it.(I.E. the new BMW M3 was for a while going for 10K over MSRP because people were willing to pay it just to get one) When the demand has slowed the dealer then just has another product in the marketplace. Now they will start reducing profits to move more of the product which will then equal the profits that they were getting.(I.E. sale for 10k above msrp = 14K in profit, sell 5 off the lot at 3K profit each = 15K.) TMV is real world guidelines that consumers report that they were able to obtain a product for. A typical rule is that a vehicle that is not in extreme demand can be purchased for UNDER 1K over invoice. This does not apply in all cases, but it gives a brief idea of why MSRP is used and how TMV works its way into that factor. This works the same for all product as even a bar of soap has a MSRP.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is an example for when you buy high performance parts

MSRP is like Retail Pricing (no one ever pays this)

TMV is like the going rate (what almost all pay)

Originally Posted by LexusIS886 :

What is confusing me is that TMV is lower then the MSRP. Well, in the real world, I see cars being sold over MSRP so wouldn't the TMV be above MSRP?
Invoice is like Wholesale Pricing (what the few pay, who know someone really well)

make more sense

·
Registered
759 Posts
Funny how when lisnup65 explained it I had no clue but as soon as IS300GTE applied it to cars, my light bulb lit! Haha. Thanks both of you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
LexusIS886
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing