Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating on whether to get an IS300 or not.
I will be using it as my daily driver and my demo car for my company, www.secondskinaudio.com .
The products I sell are not too heavy, by I will be using so many of them that wont beable to avail adding weight.

I realize this question is vague, but I will ask anyways.
how does the IS300 perfrom?
will the adding of 200 pounds of sound deadener make a difference?
what are MUST HAVE performance mods for the IS3?
is it a luxury car? sports sedan? what exactly is it?

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
second_skin_rep said:
I am debating on whether to get an IS300 or not.
I will be using it as my daily driver and my demo car for my company, www.secondskinaudio.com .
The products I sell are not too heavy, by I will be using so many of them that wont beable to avail adding weight.

I realize this question is vague, but I will ask anyways.
how does the IS300 perfrom?
will the adding of 200 pounds of sound deadener make a difference?
what are MUST HAVE performance mods for the IS3?
is it a luxury car? sports sedan? what exactly is it?
It's a 4-door sports sedan capable of carrying groceries while packing 600+rwhp 8)

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
ok well 600+ if you don't plan on carrying groceries and have an extra $15k in your pocket for some heavy mods.

dude, take a test drive, tell the bastard riding shotgun that you want to open it up.... if he says no, tell him you want a different sales man ;)

seriously though, the first drive is so much fun, its not strong in any one area, but its an all around superb package.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Actually if you decided to go forced induction, than that extra 200lbs in the trunk will help keep the back end on the groud, I have been putting extra weight in my trunk when I go to the drag strip and it has helped to shave off a few extra 1/10's of a second...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hells yea... It has loads of potential. Its got an engine as big as a 330 that puts out nearly just as much torque, the engine and the design is a near miss at the 3-series. All this for less than that of a 3 series, with more quality and refinement than an Acura or an Infiniti, and an array of JDM aftermarket products that will make the car fly, what more do you want? Though if I had the money I'd go for a 330Ci, just cus it looks and drives hype, I definately don't regret buying my car, I've gotten used to driving it in snow in Toronto, its been one pimpin whip.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
ok well 600+ if you don't plan on carrying groceries and have an extra $15k in your pocket for some heavy mods.

dude, take a test drive, tell the bastard riding shotgun that you want to open it up.... if he says no, tell him you want a different sales man ;)

seriously though, the first drive is so much fun, its not strong in any one area, but its an all around superb package.
I agree with Soy on this one. As soon as you get in. Turn off the traction control and kick the power button on. Depending on ur sales guy that could be interesting.

·
Premium Member
52,535 Posts
Rear wheel drive is great for putting all that stuff in the back. It's also got auto-leveling headlights to take care of the rake. Adding 200 lbs of sound deadener, etc. is almost like driving with a passenger, so ...... ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.