Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I see HIDs and yellow fogs on the road I know exactly what i'm dealing with, it's the signature Lexus look. I've seen how great these yellow fogs are, and i'm planning to do a retrofit into a Civic hatch.

I've never seen the fogs up close (and disassembled), so I joined here in the hopes I could learn more about them.

I'm really interested in what I need to do the retrofit for my own fogs.

I assume the projectors are clear, and the bulbs have the yellow capsules. Am I correct?

What exactly do I need to make them work? I know this isn't 'hybrid lighting forum', but if anyone has been messing with disassembled lexus fogs, can you tell me what i'm dealing with?

Thanks a lot

:)

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Lexus IS300 fog lights are not HID. They use 9006 bulbs that sit behind a yellow lense. Search around the site for more information.

accordselux said:
When I see HIDs and yellow fogs on the road I know exactly what i'm dealing with, it's the signature Lexus look. I've seen how great these yellow fogs are, and i'm planning to do a retrofit into a Civic hatch.

I've never seen the fogs up close (and disassembled), so I joined here in the hopes I could learn more about them.

I'm really interested in what I need to do the retrofit for my own fogs.

I assume the projectors are clear, and the bulbs have the yellow capsules. Am I correct?

What exactly do I need to make them work? I know this isn't 'hybrid lighting forum', but if anyone has been messing with disassembled lexus fogs, can you tell me what i'm dealing with?

Thanks a lot

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS300STeeZ said:
Lexus IS300 fog lights are not HID. They use 9006 bulbs that sit behind a yellow lense. Search around the site for more information.
I know they're not HID. HID's and yellow fogs is the signature look, blue headlights and yellow fogs.

I thought the lenses were clear and the bulb had a yellow capsule, or is that other lexus fogs?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
There's a yellow lense that the bulb sits behind. Thus, when the light shines through the yellow lense it lights the whole housing up yellow. They are projector lenses and very powerful for some stock fogs. You should definately retofit, they would look very sexy.

accordselux said:
I know they're not HID. HID's and yellow fogs is the signature look, blue headlights and yellow fogs.

I thought the lenses were clear and the bulb had a yellow capsule, or is that other lexus fogs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts