Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm new here wanted to say hi first off! so right to the point.... I bought a 2001 is300 2jzge vvti. ive had it for 2 weeks now and been trying to get it going and this what ive done so far. when I first bought it I realized the CEL light never turns on and was not to worried about it. I bought a mass air flow sencer, new coil pack clips since they were all broken, new spark plugs, bought a used EVAP off of eBay since mine was broken. when starting the car it will idle up to 1000rpms and them go down to 300rpms then die if I do not give it gas. if I give it gas it hiccups in the intake and was making a backfire out of the muffler. still having this problem. during testing the cats got super hot and started smoking and smelt like rotten eggs. at the moment while im typing this post I am buying new headers tomorrow and exhaust. any advise or info would be greatly apricate since I'm about to be going to college and need this car running.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.