Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I had a head gasket replacement done on the IS300 hundred, now that everything is back on the car it won’t start. The fuel pump was replaced since it had froze from sitting for a couple months. What are some things that can cause the car not to start?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well.... there are probably a bazillion "won't start" posts on this board and every other board. Spark, air, fuel. You need all three. Pull a plug and see if you have spark. If you have spark, check if you have fuel at the injector rail. If you have fuel at the rail, spark and still no start, check for injector pulse signals. Most likely you have air... Check all grounds are clean and fully attached. I did a head gasket on my old BMW and it would not start for anything. Forgot to connect one ground wire on the harness. Took me a long time to find, in hindsight it was obvious. If you are not mechanically inclined, (I assume the head gasket was done by someone else?) then any mechanic would go through these steps to check a crank no start problem. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, from what I know the spark plugs are new since I had changed them before the gasket was being done and it ran perfectly. I honestly have a feeling it’s as small as one of the grounds not being connected right. He is working on the car still getting the timing right and if it doesn’t start then he will be looking into the wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts