Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to replace my door lights with some after market LED style lights that display a F Sport Logo as the welcome/puddle light. The factory lights are 12V/5W. The aftermarket light is 12V/10W LED. My question for you all; is it safe to use the aftermarket light though the wattage is double the OEM light? Thank you for your help.

·
3,347 Posts
I wanted to replace my door lights with some after market LED style lights that display a F Sport Logo as the welcome/puddle light. The factory lights are 12V/5W. The aftermarket light is 12V/10W LED. My question for you all; is it safe to use the aftermarket light though the wattage is double the OEM light? Thank you for your help.
It should not blow the fuse. As for heat or anything else. You will need to try to find out.

You can get seperate aftermarket puddle lights. The mount under the door or drill a hole for mounting.

·
Mr. Roo
9,877 Posts
It should work out perfectly fine, it's only a difference of maybe 5 watts. I'm not sure what product you're looking at, but usually, those things say "watt" as some sort of maximum or potential for the LED used, though they usually aren't actually using that much power. It's usually a fake stat to fool people to think they are brighter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thank you both. I went ahead and installed them and it seems to be working fine. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t risking damage to the socket or a short.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got them off eBay, item was titled: 2x F Sport Logo LED Door Step Laser Projector Lights For Lexus IS ES GS LS GX RC

Seller: icbmperformance

·
Mr. Roo
9,877 Posts
ah yeah I see them. The 10 wattage thing is nothing to be fooled by. Even their pics are fake lol. I've seen those units floating around Ebay for a while, it's neat that they could incorperate the logo projector into the light itself to avoid drilling and wiring. I saw some before that also had extra LEDs in it so that it still functions as a door light. It doesn't look like it mentions anything like that on the store page, but yours seems to be lighting up. Is it not installed all the way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts