Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rebuilt W55 from a 2003 Manual IS300 for $700. Needed to pull transmission to replace the clutch and found a JDM W58 out of a Supra with low miles available and decided to swap it over. I am now selling my W55. It was rebuilt less than a year ago( I have the paperwork). I put the Bell housing, clutch, Flywheel, tail shaft, and shifter linkage from W58 on this W55 just to have some where to put it. They are also for sale. Obviously you would need to swap that back over from your existing W55. Price is firm. Thanks for looking. Local pick up only. I’m in the North Houston Area(Humble TX)
EDIT: IT HAS BEEN SOLD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rebuilt W55 from a 2003 Manual IS300 for $700. Needed to pull transmission to replace the clutch and found a JDM W58 out of a Supra with low miles available and decided to swap it over. I am now selling my W55. It was rebuilt less than a year ago( I have the paperwork). I put the Bell housing, clutch, Flywheel, tail shaft, and shifter linkage from W58 on this W55 just to have some where to put it. They are also for sale. Obviously you would need to swap that back over from your existing W55. Price is firm. Thanks for looking. Local pick up only. I’m in the North Houston Area(Humble TX)
Is the transmission still available?

·
Registered
1 Posts
@FastBlackIS - would send a dm but I guess I can’t as a new member.

I saw that you recently sold a rebuilt w55 - I’ve got a manual IS300as well and need to get mine rebuilt. I’m in Houston too - kicking myself for not finding your for sale thread lol.

Anyway, did you have it rebuilt here around Houston? Did you supply any part of the rebuild kit or is that just something your shop took care of?

I’m experienced wrenching and have no problem pulling the transmission out again- just not really sure where to take it and what parts to get as most w55 rebuild kits I see are for SC300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts