Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys,

I know it's not really a fair comparison, but read up and you'll see why.

When I went to the Lexus dealer here to see the the new 5spd IS300, I stopped by the Toyota dealership as well, which was next door. I was curious, so I checked out the action package TRD equipped Celica GTS.

Check this out...it cost $32K. $24 for the base GTS, plus another 8k for the TRD stuff.

I think that's ridiculous!!! 32k for a Toyota Celica, a car that is supposed to compete with Eclipse, integra/RSX. That's way outside their price range, and that's going right into IS300/BMW pricing. For 32k, an IS300 can be had. You get a Lexus name, more features, a better engine and a smooth-as-silk ride. Not to mention all the aftermarket parts availabe so you can tune it out to your heart's desire.

I'm sorry, I think paying $32 grand for a Celica is stupid when you can have an IS300 for the same price. If you want a coupe, you can get an e46 325 for around the same price.

·
Registered
635 Posts
What does that TRD Celica have? For the extra 8k, I can get it turboed, or drop down a 3S-GTE engine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For tht price you can get a 98 M3, far more performance than a Celica.
If I see someone driving one of those on the streets I am going to laugh at their stupidity.

PS I know 4 people who have GT-S' and all have blown at least 1 motor. One kid is on his 3rd!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I hope this thing has at least 250HP's for that additional price!Damn! I saw a white one the other day, it looks sharp, but I would have laughed If I knew just how much he paid! Heh! InTheThicket, is this true about blown motors? Did they have any forced induction to cause this? That sounds a little rediculous. I think there would be a recall by now........ It just sounds false

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
The blown motors on a celica are due mainly to people miss shifting the 6speed. They are regating the shifter on the 2002. Dont hate on celica if a bolt kit for the GTS appears Id consider getting that over the IS300.
Sentinel

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my bad guys.....try not to hate on the Celica too much....if you go the website and build your own TRD toyota, it's actually only 25K with everything. (3k for option package that includes TRD action package)

And I think since the TRD action package price can be set at the dealer's wish, they can price it anyway they want, and here, they priced it at 8k. Talk about rip off!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts