Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont remember what day this was but it was pretty late 9 pm?
i was just goin out for a drive with girlfriend.
i take a left onto artesia (east before the 91 freeway) from chenshaw
i come up to an s2000 at casmir ave, it was a red light
the car was stright off the lot no plates and it was pretty much stock
i was behind another car but he was on the far lest lane first at the line. than all of a sudden this RSX and this 350Z comes blazing on the farest right lane tryin to cut traffic i guess....
anywho
soo it turned green as the RSX & 350z got to the intersection,
the RSX and Z take off and it was chased by the s2000, of course i had to join in the fun soo i changed lanes to the left right behind the S2000
punch it as they did
and hit 70
we hit van ness and it was a red light
woooo the line up! s2000 at the left right RSx in the middle lane and 350z on right
i was behind the rsx in the middle
the light turns yellow on the cross intersection and than green on ours. no one takes off as expected.. :suspiciou
than all of a sudden the RSX punches it followed by the s2000, i change lanes to the left followed the s2000 and went back into the middle next to the rsx in the right lane. i pass the rsx (asian guy with cig sticking out his mouth) the Z was on my ass i slows down
and it was only me the and s2000
we hit 80 than slowed down for the incoming interesection i was at least a car leagth behind and i slowed down scared of cops he did too... wuuu
what a night

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
later that night i pulled out of a plaza, in front of me was a fixed up honda civic SI
with JDM written all over it...
it pulls out and slowly changes lane to the left
i pull up to it
and it punches it!
VROOOOOOOOOOM PPPPPSSHHHHH
i was shocked, Didnt expect that from a SI if anything a super loud exhaust
but again
VROOOOOM PSSHHHHHHH
PPPSSSSH

i thing was
i kept up with it, and could have passed it if i wanted too but i was staring the whole time at his wheels :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You're stock, right. How did you even manage to keep up with those cars? Was the RSX a base or "Type S"? I couldn't imagine pulling on a Type S stock for stock. I haven't been able to pull in any gear over my friend's stock 6spd Type S.

...it sounded like a fun a** night though

·
Registered
251 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
You're stock, right. How did you even manage to keep up with those cars? Was the RSX a base or "Type S"? I couldn't imagine pulling on a Type S stock for stock. I haven't been able to pull in any gear over my friend's stock 6spd Type S.

...it sounded like a fun a** night though
I ran a type S once from first gear up to about 75. He pulled a little bit but it was close. A good IS driver can take a not so good driver in a stock type S.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I dont think he's saying he beat them, just stop and go street racing, weaving in and out of traffic. If it was a straight away with no lights, he'd obviously be beaten. But in traffic you gotta make the right moves. Maybe? lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
well as long as it was a good night

1 - 11 of 11 Posts