Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wasn't into lexus when the RX had just been announced but i was wondering if the RX had this much excitement revolving around it, the same way the IS is gettin all this attention.

·
Registered
424 Posts
RX300 has been around for years.

It's a SUV. In fact, it became the best selling Lexus last year or the year before. I couldn't remember now..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't know about excitement, but all the Lexus dealers I talked to said they have way more customers than RX300s. They wish they would be getting more of them. Lexus is thinking about building the first Lexus USA factory to build RX300's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you guys driven one? We got a loaner RX while our ES was in for service. It's smaller, noisier, and worse riding than an ES300. You get to pay extra for all that! I did notice some rattles and I heard from an employee at a Lexus dealer they refer the them as rattles excessively.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have an RX300 for my 2 large dogs. I agree it is not as nice a 'car' as the ES300 which we get during servicing on the RX. However compared to other SUVs it is an unbelievable vehicle and we have had no rattles, problems etc in 23K miles. This 'Lexus experience' is why I am almost certainly buying the IS300 later this month (test-drive on June 10 is the deciding factor).

I checked out the Merc ML320 and other SUVs before settling on the RX 15 months ago. I also currently also have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd which is a joke in comparison on tarmac (thankfully reaches end of lease next month) so I know my SUVs, and Lexus really can sell more than they can build even 2 years after the RX became available.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yea, avoid the ML 320. The 430 is okay b/c I believe it isn't built in Alabama. The 320's built stateside had some quality control issues initially and may not have been totally ironed out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ME, don't forget you did get a LOANER RX...There are alot of people at our store that really abuse the loaners, and get it dirtier than anyone wants to clean! So I would assume thats the reason for all the rattles...maybe even engine noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts