Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone here? my friend sent me this link since hes a member.....maybe the kill story is true maybe not, just trying to confirm

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25034

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Im going to Englishtown Raceway Park again to test out the hondata reflash...last night went to some street races and won some and lost some..(even though i didnt technically lose!) The races i won: Lexus IS300 Manual with Exhaust and intake (that i seen and heard) maybe more since it was lowered.. beat him by a car with my friend in the car with me. The other win was against a Chevy or something.. it was a GTP or something..it looked fast. I beat him by about 2 cars or more..

The races i lost: First race of the night against a bubble back civic with a motor swap (obviously). I don't really take it as a lost but this guy had slicks and he had the better launch that put his back bumper at my front bumper and then HAZZARDS come on!! Im like "what the fuck??" I would've caught him! but oh well he ended up shuttin down after second gear! the next race was against a 99-00 Civic Si coupe. First run i was with my friend..i had the better start and was ahead (oh did that launch feel good!!) and then.... I FUCKIN MISSED SECOND!! i was heated!! So i asked him to run again.. So second run i launched at 2K rpms (like the last run) and caught traction very early..maybe around 3,5rpms... so he was ahead of me until 3rd and i was gaining on him approaching the end of 3rd gear..and then he shuts down! I dont think he had an Si motor though... i think it was a GSR motor.. but who knows.. everyone has swaps nowadays. but the TSX is no slouch anymore!..lol Top end is very nice now! Well with Hondata anyway..
I just need better tires!! and lighter rims!"

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
if I read that correctly, he beat the IS300 in a street race, not at the track

either way, not a surprise obviously, the TSX should kill an IS

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
stock for stock the is should beat the tsx but with the hondata the tsx should be faster

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
tsopranoMB said:

Should kill an IS? What are you smoking?
I'm hoping you are thinking about TL, and not TSX.
TSX vs. IS it would be a very close race, drivers race. 6spd vs. 5spd. But I think the IS will still beat a TSX by a car.
Auto TSX vs. Auto IS, no contest IS300 will smoke it.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Pawel, did u not read?

this is a manual TSX 6 speed with I/H/E and hondata and it would def beat a manual IS with 2 passengers in it with just intake/exhaust

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
indeed..with those mods the tsx should win...weak highway cars tho with only 160ish tq

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tsopranoMB said:

ahhh crap....i didnt really read his story. i editted it. thanks marc

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tsopranoMB said:
Pawel, did u not read?

this is a manual TSX 6 speed with I/H/E and hondata and it would def beat a manual IS with 2 passengers in it with just intake/exhaust
:lol: at least someones slacking as much as me

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
and me using the word "kill" was a tad bit exaggerated....:lol:

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
yeah those mods are good enough to beat, not kill and is300 indeed...marc you have mighty fine reading skills ;)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Romyo247 said:
yeah those mods are good enough to beat, not kill and is300 indeed...marc you have mighty fine reading skills ;)
u should race this TSX..did u get to install ur header yet?

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
nah..sometime this week im going to go to mikes house and we're going to do it...then eventually to danny's for the safc...then turbotrix? for nitrous/tuning...i heard they messed up brandons s-afc so i dunno

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
So that could explain why I got walked by a TSX not too long ago. He punched it from a roll at about 30mph and held a car length on me until we shut down at about 80mph where he turned onto the beltway (too damn busyin the day for me to chase 'em). But, lord knows I was mad as hell. lol. It felt like he punched me in the stomach and ran before I could hit him back.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Romyo247 said:
nah..sometime this week im going to go to mikes house and we're going to do it...then eventually to danny's for the safc...then turbotrix? for nitrous/tuning...i heard they messed up brandons s-afc so i dunno
talk to Juan, u could always have Marcos Acosta install it at Acosta Racing and tune it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts