Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From 0 to 100mph, I took him 1 to 2 cars all the way. He had intake, exhaust, and I have header, y-pipe, and exhaust, oh and 5spd. Ran about three more times, same results. Hit the highway, from 60 to 130, after 5th gear, I was gone. He was at least 4 cars behind. I guess IS pulls hard on high end.....Thought those lil hondas were quicker than mine. Guess not hahahahah

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
I could've told you that without wasting your gas...

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
pay-me-now said:
don't those 4 bangers die out at 100ish???
Yup...there is a speed control-type governor that shuts down the engine. I know because that happens to me a lot when I had my 91 Integra, 94 Civic Coupe & 95 Civic hatch...:lol:

unless it's been tweaked...

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
2 JZ-GE said:
I could've told you that without wasting your gas...
Leave him alone, it's ALWAY more fun to find out for yourself. :)

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
rsx's are pretty quick if that person knew how to drive it.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
BigJoeD said:
Leave him alone, it's ALWAY more fun to find out for yourself. :)
you're right...my bad :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
witht he right driver, he shoulda pulle don you.

those cars are pullin 6.1 sec 0-60 times. he must have been a sucky driver.

from your race from a roll, i believe you as those cars are slow at their top end.

·
Banned
468 Posts
congrats..you beat a base model integra :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
info on RSX

(6.4 seconds)0-60, (14.9 seconds)qm time thats car and driver review of 2005 rsx type-s.

2002 Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8
2003 Acura RSX Type S 6.7 15.1

so as you can see their isnt much to them they have somewhat decent 0-60 ft time. but you can see their still only pulling upper 14 low 15's so it look like they run out of steam up top.

me personally most acura/honda/toyota's have good top end. but horrible low end power. not sure why the rsx is like this. guess the gearing is different.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh,,,all this time, I thought it was gonna beat me.....I guess everyone else beat them, hahaha poor Hondas....

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
rsx-s are a close race to the is300 until they make use of their hondata reflash ecu then your fucked.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Have you and your friend ever track tested your cars in the 1/4? Congrats on killing him. I'd love to beat a type S RSX, but have yet to do so. Stock for stock, we'd get beat every time if driver skill is the same. So great kill!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
Have you and your friend ever track tested your cars in the 1/4? Congrats on killing him. I'd love to beat a type S RSX, but have yet to do so. Stock for stock, we'd get beat every time if driver skill is the same. So great kill!
i have! the 05's are fucking fast. 15.01 vs my 15.7 :p at lacr too! cai, jdm header and powergetter vs me stock :D

·
Banned
468 Posts
Mr.Is300 said:
typeR>TypeS>Base

no?
your type S "rsx" is the base model Integra here ;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
black86 said:
i have! the 05's are fucking fast. 15.01 vs my 15.7 :p at lacr too! cai, jdm header and powergetter vs me stock :D
I wanna say he could've done better, but I'm not sure what conditions are like in that area. My friend ran a best time of 14.50 in mid-80 degree weather and a fairly low altitude in his type S RSX w/ just I/E. They're underrated IMO.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Mr.Is300 said:
typeR>TypeS>Base

no?
The Type R and Type S are pretty even in power. They put down the same numbers in acceleration tests (screw what Car&Driver and Motor Trend says)...I've seen way to many at the local drag strip. The type R is def. more of a purpose built racer versus the type S which is sort of or more plush. I've seen plenty of lightly modded type R's destroy lap times on the few lightly & heavily modded RSXs that have been tracked.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
GXPPOWER said:
(6.4 seconds)0-60, (14.9 seconds)qm time thats car and driver review of 2005 rsx type-s.

2002 Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8
2003 Acura RSX Type S 6.7 15.1

so as you can see their isnt much to them they have somewhat decent 0-60 ft time. but you can see their still only pulling upper 14 low 15's so it look like they run out of steam up top.

me personally most acura/honda/toyota's have good top end. but horrible low end power. not sure why the rsx is like this. guess the gearing is different.

read your stats again. seeing that it pulls really good 0-60 times, and not so bad 1/4 times, i'd say it has horrible top end, and good low end. honda and acuras are known to die down after around 100mph.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts