Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damm what a night, went down to Maleks in springfield with a couple of people. Met nless_dream there an another fellow is300. After hours of bsing and sitting around, me and nless decide to run a couple of times.

Me an '01, eshift, w/ intake, exhaust
nless with '02 eshift, intake
other is300 '05 stick, emange, intake, headers.

We duked it out on 95 south, from a roll of like 55, me and nless first. First run nless pulled on me about a cars length, second run nless won by half a car. Why is that? what was i doing wrong? i turned my trac off, power ect on. could it be my tires? Then the third run all 3 of us ran, nless and the other is300 pulled on me both by like a cars length. What a disappointing night. Is there a difference between 01 an 02?

On the other note people were going crazy in springfield tonight, mad people were running cars, like g35 vs wrx, g35 vs s2k, vette vs 350z, vette vs g35, a bunch of people ran tonight.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
LiLviet3oY said:
Damm what a night, went down to Maleks in springfield with a couple of people. Met nless_dream there an another fellow is300. After hours of bsing and sitting around, me and nless decide to run a couple of times.

Me an '01, eshift, w/ intake, exhaust
nless with '02 eshift, intake
other is300 '05 stick, emange, intake, headers.

We duked it out on 95 south, from a roll of like 55, me and nless first. First run nless pulled on me about a cars length, second run nless won by half a car. Why is that? what was i doing wrong? i turned my trac off, power ect on. could it be my tires? Then the third run all 3 of us ran, nless and the other is300 pulled on me both by like a cars length. What a disappointing night. Is there a difference between 01 an 02?

On the other note people were going crazy in springfield tonight, mad people were running cars, like g35 vs wrx, g35 vs s2k, vette vs 350z, vette vs g35, a bunch of people ran tonight.
yea, I saw those two black z06's, 350z and camaro also. Wtf was goin on there last nite..!!! I live very close to Malek's.

·
Registered
323 Posts
you should have gone to 3rd... thats your problem

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ya, should have gone to third. Make the same run and feel the difference in pull. Don't worry about dropping the gear too low, the eshift knows what it can handle. If you had tried going to 2nd at 55, it would have given you the no-go beep.

·
Registered
824 Posts
what if you just stayed in 3rd and not drop a gear? And race from 3rd?

or is better to drop a gear when racing from a roll?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mr.Pham said:
what if you just stayed in 3rd and not drop a gear? And race from 3rd?

or is better to drop a gear when racing from a roll?
Dnt you save time if you just stay in 3rd instead of dropping??

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you are at 55 mph, then you might as well be in third gear, and then just punch it from 3rd gear...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
yup..not being able to use 3rd gear killed you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts