Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I raced a hyundai sonata 2.0t and beat him twice from a dead stop. I was 1 1/2 cars ahead of him both times. Didn't think much of it till I went home and checked the specs on that model. That car has 0-60 at 6.1 sec. 265hp (zeroto60times.com). I guess I have a little N/A torque monster.

Then on the freeway a couple days ago, a hyundai genesis 2.0t coupe rolls up and lines up with me at about 70-75mph. We both lay on the throttle and I stayed 3/4 car length ahead to 110mph (4th to 5th gear) before he gave up. I was pretty stoked on this kill. However, the coupe shows a 0-60 of 6.9 sec.

Ive never done a dyno so not sure what my numbers are, but I have...
BC 264 cams, adjustable cam gear -3.5, full exhaust, sway bars, strut bars, trunk bar, sub-frame bars, tein springs, koni yellow shocks, and 225/45/17 tires.

Yay for the IS300 still going strong :grin:

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
So, I raced a hyundai sonata 2.0t and beat him twice from a dead stop. I was 1 1/2 cars ahead of him both times. Didn't think much of it till I went home and checked the specs on that model. That car has 0-60 at 6.1 sec. 265hp (zeroto60times.com). I guess I have a little N/A torque monster.

Then on the freeway a couple days ago, a hyundai genesis coupe rolls up and lines up with me at about 70-75mph. We both lay on the throttle and I stayed 3/4 car length ahead to 110mph (4th to 5th gear) before he gave up. I was pretty stoked on this kill. However, the coupe shows a 0-60 of 6.9 sec.

Ive never done a dyno so not sure what my numbers are, but I have...
BC 264 cams, adjustable cam gear -3.5, full exhaust, sway bars, strut bars, trunk bar, sub-frame bars, tein springs, koni yellow shocks, and 225/45/17 tires.

Yay for the IS300 still going strong :grin:
Nice :approve:
Got pics :grin:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Go0d stuff!

BC 264's still going strong? No issues?

·
Registered
611 Posts
the IS300 has good top speed. Acceleration sucks. If it didn't have issues with the throttle body opening fully, it would be a quick car throughout.

But 35mph and up, it's pretty easy to pass by cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts