Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres this new guy in the are thats a punk. He is always bobbing in and out of cars in a 35 zone, nearly clipping people. Jamming his stereo full blast, and always racing every car. He was in the oter lane and cut across both lanes without warning to get to the gas station. Everytime I see him, I have the kids in the car. He has paper tags.

I was wondering what my chances were if I met this guy by myself on the feeder/freeway?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Race em for pinks !! But seriously I wouldn't risk a street racing ticket on a corolla. But you could take it most likely . They make 159 or 169whp I can't remember or car to. But the IS is no speed racer either.

Do they still confiscate cars for racing ??

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know. Both times I've been caught it was a speeding ticket and a warning. But I havent been caught breaking 110 either, sooo......

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Considering a stock IS goes 0-60 in 7.1 and qtr mile in 15.1 and the RSX does 7.0 and 15.6 it will be close, preferably on a track. good luck.(according to qrt mile times.com). use some skills and get em plus you got an intake. hopefully he is stock.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
that would be soooooo embarassing if the corolla beat you...
It does sound embarrassing, but those XRS' do have 2ZZ-GE motors in them. I think the IS will get it on the sheer fact of having torque, but you still can't factor them out completely.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If I see him again, and lose, i'll probably donate it to charity and zip tie a lawnmower engine to a bicycle.

I beat a corolla type s, shouldnt be much different.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If I see him again, and lose, i'll probably donate it to charity and zip tie a lawnmower engine to a bicycle.

I beat a corolla type s, shouldnt be much different.
For the love of God, I hope you can beat a Corolla S!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Corolla S, Forsure, no doubt, but to answer everyones wonders, My car was completely stock, and my friends XRS had intake and upgraded clutch, and he beat me on highway, side by side, didnt pull away fast, but he had the better hand. Now once my turbo is all working good, he wont have a chance :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So a set of cams and I should be golden!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Considering a stock IS goes 0-60 in 7.1 and qtr mile in 15.1 and the RSX does 7.0 and 15.6 it will be close, preferably on a track. good luck.(according to qrt mile times.com). use some skills and get em plus you got an intake. hopefully he is stock.
uhm, i am not sure if you meant the RSX or the corolla XRS...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Xrs

I onwned a corolla xrs untill some guy smashed into it while it was parked by the curb. I have an is300 now. I hate to admit it but the xrs was alot faster. The only thing that sucked about it was starting from stop. The XRS has no torque before 4000 rpm. I kinda miss the car sometimes. I took the 6 speed shift knob from the xrs and put it in my IS. I didnt think the weighted shift knob would do anything by it really made shifting feel nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts