Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Originally posted by viggen:
ISFAN - I just went to honda-acura.net and I noticed that Geoff posted a thread about your race with a CL-S. Everyone there thinks you're a lunatic. They also think IS owners all have inferiority complexes about their cars.
I believe that this thread has proven that the owners of the CL S are the ones with the complex. They have to all come over here and read and post bull because this is the best forum on the net!!!!!

This thread has also proven that IS owners are not the only ones who love their cars and will defend them to the end. I was just upset with GEOFF's comments about how IS ownwers are snobs and can not take negative comments about our cars. I think I have shown we all have our love for the types of vehicles we have chosen and will be loyal til the end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Originally posted by mrclam:
i've noticed that a few IS owners think that the IS is speed oriented adn taht its fast in a manner taht it'll whoop up on lots of cars on the road. sure it may feel fast, but also remember that a v6 camry goes faster in a straight line. this topic has been killed so many times its not funny anymore.
Clam I would think that you would agree with me that I am one of the first to admit that the IS300 is not a sports car. I believe my posts have indicated that speed is not eveything one should look at in a "sport sedan" and that was not my issue when I bought the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
MRCLAM,

A well-driven camry V6 5-speed can keep up with an IS in a straight line, but the auto version can't. According to R&T, the camry V6 auto hits 60mph in 8.2 versus 7.5 for the IS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
okay, people on this board who think this is a performance sedan:
an AUTO performance sedan that handles decently(on par with a type r on the skidpad), has great braking, but not a whole lot of straight line power.......okay. sure. this car is in no way a slouch, but neither is it oriented to all out dragging or racing. what are you going to do with its handling in an AT? i know the MT is coming next year but right now all you have is an AT so what do you have to say about that? this is a luxury sports sedan, and i don't know why some people shoot their mouths off, MY IS BEAT A CL-S....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Originally posted by mrclam:
okay, people on this board who think this is a performance sedan:
an AUTO performance sedan that handles decently(on par with a type r on the skidpad), has great braking, but not a whole lot of straight line power.......okay. sure. this car is in no way a slouch, but neither is it oriented to all out dragging or racing. what are you going to do with its handling in an AT? i know the MT is coming next year but right now all you have is an AT so what do you have to say about that? this is a luxury sports sedan, and i don't know why some people shoot their mouths off, MY IS BEAT A CL-S....

I will explain again to everyone in this forum, the number one reason I posted this thread was the following:

Geoff has been very busy busting hard on the IS300 owners on how sensative we are and that we can not take any imperfection in our cars and how snobby we are and babys.

I posted this to prove one thing. When needed he too will defend his baby of a car and speak highly of it when attacked. That is all bottom line.

Frankly I could give a rats azz if the CL TYPE S can beat the IS300. I did not buy the IS 300 because of speed or in your opinion lack there of. I bought the IS300 because of its appeal to me (yes that is right to me) just like you bought your M3, because of its appeal to you.

I wanted to show that GEOFF and ever other CL owner out there is just like us IS300 owners. In love with our cars and loyal as well.

I posted a response similar in the acura forum. I invited all of them to come in here and archive GEOFF's threads and see him for the two faced he is. Then maybe they will realize who really is the snob baby AZZ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
wahts' geoff's thing on honda-acura? i know some "typeskid" posted some lame kill story in the kill stories section...picking on a 528...dude what a ***. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Originally posted by mrclam:
wahts' geoff's thing on honda-acura? i know some "typeskid" posted some lame kill story in the kill stories section...picking on a 528...dude what a ***. =)
He goes by blindsidE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,256 Posts
woh people.. calm down
I mean.. it doesn't really matter which car is faster.. who cares.. there's speed limit anyways.. but IS300 is cool looking, comfortable, and well built. So lets just enjoy it!

I like acura too, so why don't we just be friends.. they are both japanese cars after all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,256 Posts
actually.. if you want the car to go faster.. you can always mod your engine right?
So it doesn't really makes a difference which stock cars are faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
stop it kids. They are both very nice cars. The CL has more power and comes at a very attractive price. The IS is also a nice car. I personally wish that honda would be a lil more aggressive with there styling. I think it looks somewhat of a melted candybar version of the accord coupe, although you must respect its 260hp.

I must admit that i didn't like the IS when it first came out, either. I thought it looked like a $30,000 civic 4 door (this is before people started putting IS lights on them). But it has really grown on me.

My thought is that they are both very nice cars and when I upgrade(when my car dies, 180k going problem free) both of these cars will be in my thoughts. I drive an '88 prelude(excellent shape) and can't believe that you are bickering over something so petty. I would be glad to be driving either car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:



I posted this to prove one thing. When needed he too will defend his baby of a car and speak highly of it when attacked.


isfan u just don't get it, do u?

i ragged the is300 on FACTS...that the cl was faster. big deal. i never posted bs about my car or yours.

u, on the other hand, posted 100% bs, so of course there will be some defending.

if u can't see the difference something's wrong with u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
I'm stuck here at work so I'll use this thread to get my post #'s up.

Not sure where this thread has gone since the first three posts (hope I didn't miss anything humorous) but just cut to the chase. Get a ruler, pull down your pants, whip 'em out, and measure. That'll settle it once and for all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Originally posted by PXM:
I'm stuck here at work so I'll use this thread to get my post #'s up.

Not sure where this thread has gone since the first three posts (hope I didn't miss anything humorous) but just cut to the chase. Get a ruler, pull down your pants, whip 'em out, and measure. That'll settle it once and for all.
PXM,

Thank you so much, ahh that was a great laugh. You really put it in perspective.

Hey GEOFF, I guess I win since you have no DI*K!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
PXM,

Thank you so much, ahh that was a great laugh. You really put it in perspective.

Hey GEOFF, I guess I win since you have no DI*K!!!!!


intelligence abound on is300.net, sources say
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Thank you, I thought you would enjoy that


joo know, if when ur relaxed, u can be pretty cool. imagine that.

better yet, imagine me saying that.

prolly won't happen again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
I know that CL-s pull strong until 108mph (3rd gear redline). After that, it pull like a dog (says by Crippen, H-A net moderator, mainly because of 4th/5th gear ratio). It would be very interesting to see who would win eventually if both car race all the way to speed limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by yamaot:
I know that CL-s pull strong until 108mph (3rd gear redline). After that, it pull like a dog (says by Crippen, H-A net moderator, mainly because of 4th/5th gear ratio). It would be very interesting to see who would win eventually if both car race all the way to speed limit.
i wouldn't say a dog, but it's not a voracious as third gear. 4th is no slouch, but 5th is, well, overdrive.
 
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Top