Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow, who are the ones now crying. Ya know Geoff you are so sensative when anyone jumps on you and now what humm the table is turned a little.

I have two answers for you CL Type S owners. First of the numbers you are citing are from professional magazines that are here to sell advertising and of course magazines. They are far from the average shmoes like you and me driving to our hum drum jobs and just moving through life in normal mode.

If the truth hurts so much go back to your CL forum on Honda-Acura and boast your car there.

I have no problem with you talking about your car here, but Geoff every chance you get you bash the sh*t out of an IS owner, and blow your a$$ off. You attitude sucks. No I do not know you but believe me, from the way you act in this forum, I have no desire to know you.

The fact you are throwing up " REAL MONEY " Bets confirms your insecurity of your decision.

No my brother does not weigh 300 lbs more then me, in fact we both weigh the same. I have no idea what he did in his car, just like you have no idea what the other schmuck next you is doing in his cl type s or any other car when you race.

Yeah the light turns green you slam on your CL TYPE S and blow the other car away, when in reality he probably was just toying with you and never really pressed the gas full throttle, so go back into your unrealistic world and pretend you can beat everyone with your wonderful baby of a car.

Bottom line is you did not buy the car to beat anyone in any race. You bought the car because you felt it was the best for the money you wanted to spend, just like I bought my IS 300.

So get off your high horse and just have fun with the people who are in this yes this IS300 forum. Don't get upset because we defend our car. If were to go post in Honda-Acura "My IS300 got you sucker beat" I am sure I would see a lot of defending going on.

Bottom line Geoff and the other CL TYPE S, you acted exactly the same as the IS300 lovers, when your little baby was challenged. So shut the FU*K up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
i've wondered about that too viggen

the cl-s has cosmetic differences: the 17" wheels, the perforated leather, the lower profile tires, the metallic gauges inside, the "Type-S" logo on the gearshift.

one way to be a bit more certain: call an insurance agent with the VIN number, have him tell you what comes back from the database.

the is300 will hang very closely with a standard CL (7.2 0-60), not a type S

When I was a kid, 3 of my little league coaches worked at a GM plant and I once heard them talk about all the mistakes that were made on the assembly line.

Geoff, if you do have this race, you should sell tickets to it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
One more thing. The story is true. I am not a professional driver and neither is my brother. Just two average putz drivers like everyone else having a fun little race. Did he react quicker who cares. We had fun our hearts were pounding and he took the car back.

Live with it.

[This message has been edited by ISFAN (edited October 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by disintegration:
Even if the CL is a second or 2 quicker, who cares ??? The CL is jacked up off the ground like a 4x4, looks like a round bubble, and looks like an Accord. The IS a much nicer and sportier looking car. Anyone driving an IS gets 100 more looks at their IS than a CL does. The CL looks like everything else out there, and looks so ordinary. So Geoff, if you like being ordinary go right ahead and do so. You're probably regretting not buying an IS and have to try and irritate us here. Do you see any IS owners constantly posting on a CL website ??? I think not, we have better things to do. I wish I could say the same for you !

the best u can do is the subjective "appearance" bit?

do u know how many reviews praised the cl-s for its styling?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Love My Silver IS300:
disintegration... totally agree with u... thats why we are family IS300.net...
is300 owners only site...

right?
then one of ur most prolific posters, EricK, would be banned as well. he claims he doesn't have an is300.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Geoff, find another hobby or a girl/boy friend .... Or better yet, go start a CL website ... I'm sure there are more idiots out there like you ... For a CL owner you sure love posting on this site ..

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Wow, who are the ones now crying. Ya know Geoff you are so sensative when anyone jumps on you and now what humm the table is turned a little.

I have two answers for you CL Type S owners. First of the numbers you are citing are from professional magazines that are here to sell advertising and of course magazines. They are far from the average shmoes like you and me driving to our hum drum jobs and just moving through life in normal mode.

If the truth hurts so much go back to your CL forum on Honda-Acura and boast your car there.

I have no problem with you talking about your car here, but Geoff every chance you get you bash the sh*t out of an IS owner, and blow your a$$ off. You attitude sucks. No I do not know you but believe me, from the way you act in this forum, I have no desire to know you.

The fact you are throwing up " REAL MONEY " Bets confirms your insecurity of your decision.

No my brother does not weigh 300 lbs more then me, in fact we both weigh the same. I have no idea what he did in his car, just like you have no idea what the other schmuck next you is doing in his cl type s or any other car when you race.

Yeah the light turns green you slam on your CL TYPE S and blow the other car away, when in reality he probably was just toying with you and never really pressed the gas full throttle, so go back into your unrealistic world and pretend you can beat everyone with your wonderful baby of a car.

Bottom line is you did not buy the car to beat anyone in any race. You bought the car because you felt it was the best for the money you wanted to spend, just like I bought my IS 300.

So get off your high horse and just have fun with the people who are in this yes this IS300 forum. Don't get upset because we defend our car. If were to go post in Honda-Acura "My IS300 got you sucker beat" I am sure I would see a lot of defending going on.

Bottom line Geoff and the other CL TYPE S, you acted exactly the same as the IS300 lovers, when your little baby was challenged. So shut the FU*K up.
who's crying? you seem to adamant about your story...my god man, look at your tone. i'm not whining at all, simply because i know that what you're saying isn't true.

if it IS true, i will race any stock is300 here. name it. i offered money simply to make the travel (and there will most likely be some) worthwhile. i'm a curious as u are. i am still waiting for someone to come forward with his car and whatever wager is suitable.

second, don't be stupid. car magazines do not publish erroneous times to "sell magazines," and with automatics, my friend, there is little to screw up during an acceleration run. sportshift (or eshift) is equally uncomplicated. no pro drivers necessary.

third, if my posts bother you, then simply don't read them. i'm sitting here trying to make this concept easier for you, but i really don't know how.

fourth, all the "stories" i've told in here have been true -- the black is3 racing a mustang cobra, the white bimmer getting dented, etc. i make nothing up, unlike some of us who create circumstance to vindicate some sense of frustration over another's previous posts. yes, i mess with u ppl sometimes, but not by making up something that didn't happen.

fifth, i never said i can beat everyone in my "wonderful baby of a car" -- i just said it will beat the is300. jesus man, again, listen to your tone: like a child thinking he figured out something that remains way above his head. my cl-s will have its ass handed to it by many many many cars out there. duh. i didn't buy it for pure performance, i bought it because it blends luxury and performance better than anything else i drove.

sixth, i'm not on any high horse, and if you came to an acura forum and bashed the car, go right ahead. if you came in and said u will beat our car in a race, well, we all know that's not true and we'd defend i

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by disintegration:
Geoff, find another hobby or a girl/boy friend .... Or better yet, go start a CL website ... I'm sure there are more idiots out there like you ... For a CL owner you sure love posting on this site ..
and u, somehow, find the time to read me

ironic, huh?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I will say it one more time. The story is true, take it for what is worth.

Don't worry Geoff your CLs is still nice.

Have a great day. I believe anyone who reads this posts along with all your others will see you for the two faced putz you are.

Have a great night.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
I will say it one more time. The story is true, take it for what is worth.

Don't worry Geoff your CLs is still nice.

Have a great day. I believe anyone who reads this posts along with all your others will see you for the two faced putz you are.

Have a great night.
*sigh*

show me where i whined. show me.

i'll wait.

btw, i don't see any is300 owners coming forward to race.

good god man

·
Registered
23 Posts

now I'm glad I didn't buy an IS... you guys are pathetic!

fact is. by EVERY number the CL Type-S will outpace an IS300 every step of the way.

as for styling... I think the IS300 looks good.. as do I think my CL looks good. but the reality is, both of our cars look very much like their relatives... CL looks a bit like an Accord... the IS3 is a dead ringer for the new corolla and some would say it even looks a bit like an Echo. And thats not mentioning the Civic... which the IS may as well be a replica... stick some PIAA's & Altezza tails in a Civic and what do you get? yea.

Either way, like I said, there is absolutely no physical way for a STOCK IS300 to beat a stock CL Type-S. It just cant be argued... and I'd be happy to prove it if one of the locals would step up to a friendly race...

One other thing... I just checked out some of the hot topics in this forum... look at how many of you complain about the slow ass times of the IS!!! Have you ever seen a CL Type-S owner complain about their times? No.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red w/ Nav.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by soopa:

now I'm glad I didn't buy an IS... you guys are pathetic!
What makes them pathetic? Is it because they defend their car? Complain about stuff wrong with their car? Boast about their car? Take a look at h/a.net and you will see the exact same thing. In fact, look in the S2000 one. You will see a lot of the same thing. No wonder I stay away from that forum.

fact is. by EVERY number the CL Type-S will outpace an IS300 every step of the way.
Heck, I don't mind that the CL-S will beat the IS300. A lot of cars will. In fact, it's one reason why I may not get it and go for the S4. But, being older and hopefully wiser, I don't really care if I'm slower than some cars. If I want to go fast, I can always take out the S2000.

as for styling... I think the IS300 looks good.. as do I think my CL looks good. but the reality is, both of our cars look very much like their relatives... CL looks a bit like an Accord... the IS3 is a dead ringer for the new corolla and some would say it even looks a bit like an Echo. And thats not mentioning the Civic... which the IS may as well be a replica... stick some PIAA's & Altezza tails in a Civic and what do you get? yea.
True. I cringe and laugh at those cars with the knock-off taillights.

Either way, like I said, there is absolutely no physical way for a STOCK IS300 to beat a stock CL Type-S. It just cant be argued... and I'd be happy to prove it if one of the locals would step up to a friendly race...
Fine.

One other thing... I just checked out some of the hot topics in this forum... look at how many of you complain about the slow ass times of the IS!!! Have you ever seen a CL Type-S owner complain about their times? No.
No, but they complain about other things and so do everyone other car owner. (eg. the S2000 1-2nd gear grind.)

·
Registered
262 Posts
ISFAN - I just went to honda-acura.net and I noticed that Geoff posted a thread about your race with a CL-S. Everyone there thinks you're a lunatic. They also think IS owners all have inferiority complexes about their cars.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i've noticed that a few IS owners think that the IS is speed oriented adn taht its fast in a manner taht it'll whoop up on lots of cars on the road. sure it may feel fast, but also remember that a v6 camry goes faster in a straight line. this topic has been killed so many times its not funny anymore.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts