Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just so tired of reading Geoff's post about how fast and wonderful his car and how he really wished he could race an IS 300, so I did just that.

My brother who is in the car biz and knows just about everyone at every dealership, posed as he was interested in the CL Type S.

I was up the street in my IS300. Due to the fact he knew the GM at the dealership, he was able to take a CL TYPE S out on test alone. He met me up the street and we proceeded to get to busniess. We took the cars about 2 miles from the dealership where there is a dog track not in season, full huge empty parking lot. The fun began.

We were side by side at one end of the parking lot. The other end exits into the road leading back out to the main throughway, empty as hell in the off season. My wife got out of the car and stood in front with her arms up. One two three down wen the arms and off we went.

The CL TYPE S jumped out about 1/2 car lenght. The IS 300 kept up pretty good and took over the CL TYPE S at about 75 MPH. By 90 MPH we had exited the parking lot, I was on the wrong side of the road and just almost ahead of my bro in the CL TYPE S. When we got to 100 I let up as we were getting close to the main road ahead.

There story over. CL TYPE s got it early one but IS 300 made it up quick and eventually won the overall battle.

Good night!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
okay then

that's plain made up, and i'd be willing to prove it to anyone who's able to come out here and race me.

i have a bone stock cl-s.

i'll put money in an escrow account, or we can give it to a lawyer.

i'm dead serious about this

anyone? typing a bs story for the internet forum and actually putting up are two different things.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh my my Geoff relax, my friend. What does it sting when someone can actually beat your precious CL TYPE S. Truth hurts I know.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Ohh my my Geoff relax, my friend. What does it sting when someone can actually beat your precious CL TYPE S. Truth hurts I know.

LOL

i know you made that up, you know you made that up, so i'm simply asking if anyone has the huevos to acutally PUT it up. just a friendly question.

btw, you have to learn to troll better. like i said, i give lessons u know.

it'll cost ya, but at least then u won't be so transparent

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And why do you believe it is made up? Hum because the outcome was not what you wanted. Trust me Mr. CL man, truth hurts. It is not made up. Went to Dog track seminole races. Today. And ya know what I have nothing to prove to you. I could care less which car beats who.

The CL TYPE S was defn. faster in the 0-60, but I caught up and passed him at 75 mph.

Why is that so hard for you to swallow. Your boxy no style car beat my IS 300 to 60.

Relax.

·
Registered
23 Posts
um... HELLO!

ISFAN you need to chill the f*ck out

First of let me just say, I'm not IS300 hater... if it wasnt for it's slow pace I may have bought one.

So why not face the fact that ANY CL-S with ANY driver will spank the **** out of ANY stock IS300.

Lets look at the facts... heres two recent performance tests from C&D on both cars:

0-30
CL: 2.5
IS: 2.7

0-60
CL: 6.4
IS: 7.6

0-80
CL: 10.5
IS: 12.6

So where is it exactly you took over that CL? Thought so.

I've driven the IS300 twice now... and it is no doubt slower... wasnt able to put a grin on my face.

No next year when you get that manual... then well talk... but until then... anyone who wants to race me let me know, I know a few of you are in the area.

And as for our "boxy" car... you shouldn't talk... I like the looks of the IS... but if either car is "boxy" its yours, not the CL. As for style, thats subjective. But hey, I like the look of Civics.

One question, did that CL-S driver you supposedly beat weigh 300 pounds more then you?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red w/ Nav.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Soopa, I just checked the road test results in the last 2 issues of C&D, and there are no stats for the CL-S. Are you sure that 6.4sec time was from C&D?

By the way, I think ISFAN is telling the truth.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
of course u do viggen. believe internet heresay over empirical fact. good thinking.

The reason why I believe ISFAN is because his IS300's engine has probably been broken in, whereas the CL-S that his brother drove was brand new and probably only had a few miles on it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
if no one believe internet status then lets do a real race then... a real race would tell it all... right? i agree that CL got no style very boxy stays the same style as last CL type...

DO A REAL RACE...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by viggen:
The reason why I believe ISFAN is because his IS300's engine has probably been broken in, whereas the CL-S that his brother drove was brand new and probably only had a few miles on it.
Even so, I dont think even that would give ISFAN a lead.

Only way to prove it is to race with someone on a CL forum and someone on a IS forum... only way to get fair results.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red w/ Nav.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Since the CL and CLS look exactly alike, do you think it's possible for the honda factory in Ohio to accidentally put a 225hp engine into a CL-S. Or a 260hp engine into a base CL?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Love My Silver IS300:
if no one believe internet status then lets do a real race then... a real race would tell it all... right? i agree that CL got no style very boxy stays the same style as last CL type...

DO A REAL RACE...
i offered a real race -- for money even -- but i don't see anyone coming forward.

anyone? anyone? bueller?

hell my cl-s isn't even broken in yet

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by viggen:
Since the CL and CLS look exactly alike, do you think it's possible for the honda factory in Ohio to accidentally put a 225hp engine into a CL-S. Or a 260hp engine into a base CL?
i've wondered about that too viggen

the cl-s has cosmetic differences: the 17" wheels, the perforated leather, the lower profile tires, the metallic gauges inside, the "Type-S" logo on the gearshift.

one way to be a bit more certain: call an insurance agent with the VIN number, have him tell you what comes back from the database.

the is300 will hang very closely with a standard CL (7.2 0-60), not a type S

·
Registered
141 Posts
Even if the CL is a second or 2 quicker, who cares ??? The CL is jacked up off the ground like a 4x4, looks like a round bubble, and looks like an Accord. The IS a much nicer and sportier looking car. Anyone driving an IS gets 100 more looks at their IS than a CL does. The CL looks like everything else out there, and looks so ordinary. So Geoff, if you like being ordinary go right ahead and do so. You're probably regretting not buying an IS and have to try and irritate us here. Do you see any IS owners constantly posting on a CL website ??? I think not, we have better things to do. I wish I could say the same for you !

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
14 Participants
geoff
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing