Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have 2001 IS300 E-shift with K&N cold air intake, TurboEast ESK 4, Megan header and Toyomoto Y pipe. What are my chanses on 1/4mile with a stock 2008 BMW 328?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Hey guys I have 2001 IS300 E-shift with K&N cold air intake, TurboEast ESK 4, Megan header and Toyomoto Y pipe. What are my chanses on 1/4mile with a stock 2008 BMW 328?
find one and race it........the only way to find out:) but i would think you would have a very slight chance:(

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
If the 328 is a stick, he might have a slight edge if driven perfectly since you're an E-shift. If your car was a 5-spd, you could potentially take him with the mods you have

Edit: Just noticed it's a 2008 328, I don't think you should race for money/ pink slips/ girlfriends.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys i will let you know next week. My friend just getting BMW 328 next week and we'll see. Before that I'm planing to install cam gear... Does it make much difference if yes which one should I buy?

·
Registered
694 Posts
it will help. Many show gains of 8 to 10 rwhp. Go with any but the 1st gen hks

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
one way to find out. go race him!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the 330i is faster right? i raced a 330i and barely took him. gonna catch crap for saying that but...it was a 2006 i believe. i have the upgrades i have in my sig. you are probably adding around the same hp but you have an auto. if the 328 is considerably slower(.5 secs to 60) then yeah. shouldnt've posted this huh? i think the cam gear would do it. you have to find someone that knows more about bmw's

·
Registered
960 Posts
I raced an 03-04 330ci(2dr E46) and stayed side by side. But it was a friend of mine and we did it for fun. I raced his 323ci and walked on him when I was stock.

Now he won't race me at all when we're on the interstate now that I'm built and boosted... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I say race him, what's the worst that'll happen? You lose!? big whoop

edit: Shouldn't this be in the race/the street forum?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i dont know about the 330 but you can beat the 02-05 325.....i beat an 05 325 and a 03 330....it just depends on how you drive...i was side by side with the 330 though...but mines is stock with only AEM intake...

·
Registered
174 Posts
stock is300 wont lose too much against against 328... i say you will win by a tiny bit. assuming both of you shift perfectly.

·
Registered
694 Posts
you beat a 335i?????? couldn't have been...they only started in 07 and are twin turbo.

a 328 will be a close race though just fyi

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
you beat a 335i??????
I think you misread, a 335 is IS350 territory, actually faster if driven properly. Guys on my BMW board ran low to flat 14s with their 330s, which have open diffs. Some of the stories I read on here make me think how competent the other driver was. I beat a TL, but did get pulled on by my friend's 328. It all depends on the driver. (the 328 pulled on me with authority while the TL kid was as old as half of the kids on this site and when I tried explaining the "feather the clutch, modulate the throttle" concept, he looked at me like I was Jesus)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts