Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would the IS300 take this car in a race -???? someone at my work wants to race - but i am waiting to find out if i have a chance so i don't look like a fool - the bimmer is automatic

------------------
2001 Spectra Metallic Blue
with black interior
clear trunk lights
18" rims
bodykit and more to come

·
Registered
653 Posts
Personal experience...my IS kicked its butt.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
18" Katana Spazios coming soon!
Dont start none and there wont be none!
Public Advocate for IS300.net members

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
The 528i manual does 0-60 in 6.9 sec (C&D), it's actually only 200lbs heavier than the 328i, which makes it about the same weight as the IS300. The automatic is probably about the same 0-60 as the IS300, though having driven an auto 528i, it seems slower. But what's the point? 528i series owners don't race, they dawdle.

Originally posted by MYISRULZ:
would the IS300 take this car in a race -???? someone at my work wants to race - but i am waiting to find out if i have a chance so i don't look like a fool - the bimmer is automatic

·
Registered
126 Posts
The big question here is: Why are you drag racing two stock sedans?

------------------
I'll dump my Mustang for an IS...if and when they EVER make an IS coupe!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Because we can.
Originally posted by WhyNoISCoupe:
The big question here is: Why are you drag racing two stock sedans?

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
18" Katana Spazios coming soon!
Dont start none and there wont be none!
Public Advocate for IS300.net members

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sure you can. But the 328/330 would be a better competitor. Again, the 528i feels rather big. I don't think it's nearly as sporty as the 3 series. But you can take on a 528i any day, so go ahead an bet on it. I've driven the 528i. It's got a nice ride, but the engine seems to be struggling.
The V8 is awesome though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A few people mentioned a V8 in the BMW 328, and 528. Both cars have the same straight 6. There is a BMW 5 series with an 8 cylinder, but that is the 540. There never has been a factory 3 series 8 cylinder. As for a race, the 328 is a closer match than the 528. I think the driver is a bigger factor in these match ups.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the reason i ask is because - i work with this kid - and he sits here and knocks my car like it is a ****box- calling it a jap piece of **** (go figure he is asain LOL
) so he said i would take u anyday - and i was like anytime man - i am just waiting now - i am going to smoke him (i hope
)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts