Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just wondering whats the difference between the is300 and altezza.. with engine and performance wise... and also the exterior differences

thanks

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Altezza: 2.0L 3S-GE I4, available w/auto or 6spd manual. Found in Asian markets only. No bumper sidemarkers, sidemarkers on fender for turnsignal.

IS300: 3.0L 2JZ-GE I6, available in 5spd auto or 5spd manual. Found in North American markets only. Bumpers are extended a little longer to meet NHTSA/DOT standards for crash safety. Bumper side markers on front and rear. 2JZ-GE found also on JDM Altezza Gita only.

There is more aftermarket support for the JDM Altezza rather than our USDM IS300's. Obviously at this point in time, there is no Lexus division in Japan so it's purely a Toyota. That will soon change with Toyota Motor Corp. when they introduce the Lexus division to the Japanese market.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ic ic
so the the major difference engine is the 2litre vs the 3litre

so logicalli
the is300 engine is better aye? as in faster and performs better

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought the Altezza's in UK and Asia both have the 6cylinder variant, only they don't use the 2JZGE. They use another engine. There was a thread around here not long ago that pointed out differences between the two, I'm sure if you dig around you'll get some real answers.

As for the 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder argument -- weight is a big factor, they perform differently is a better statement, then one performs better than the other.

The Altezza RS200 --> 3SGE BEAMS Dual VVT-i is good engine.
I've added links if you want to know more about them
http://www.tuning.cz/lander/beams.htm
http://www.fensport.co.uk/partsfiles/gxe10.htm

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
theres 2 engines for the altezza:
RS200 - the high output has the 2.0 litre 3S-GE BEAMS (dual VVTi) inline 4 which puts out similar horse numbers to the 2JZ-GE inline 6 we have, less torque of course, i believe a 6 speed is available; there is alot of aftermarket support for this engine b/c its a pretty old block (mark II MR2, celica GT4 etc.)

AS200 - the more common altezza has a 2.0 litre inline 6 ___-FE i cant remember the code, i believe this is the same engine that the IS200 has....

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
will a altezza lip fit a is300 fronr bumper
Altezza lip kit will only fit on JDM front and rear bumpers. But the sides will fit no problem on the IS300's

·
Registered
1 Posts
Altezza: 2.0L 3S-GE I4, available w/auto or 6spd manual. Found in Asian markets only. No bumper sidemarkers, sidemarkers on fender for turnsignal.

IS300: 3.0L 2JZ-GE I6, available in 5spd auto or 5spd manual. Found in North American markets only. Bumpers are extended a little longer to meet NHTSA/DOT standards for crash safety. Bumper side markers on front and rear. 2JZ-GE found also on JDM Altezza Gita only.

There is more aftermarket support for the JDM Altezza rather than our USDM IS300's. Obviously at this point in time, there is no Lexus division in Japan so it's purely a Toyota. That will soon change with Toyota Motor Corp. when they introduce the Lexus division to the Japanese market.
other then the power plant and the trans are suspension components and say difs and axles able to be used from a usdm is 300 example vs the jdm altezza?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Altezza comes in:

2.0L 1GFE 6 cyl engine with either 4sp auto or 6 speed J160 manual. Some have LSD but majority do not, the diff is the smaller "A" gear set. This is either sedan or in the Gita wagon (SportX), equivalent to IS200 or AS200.

2.0L 3SGE 4 cyl engine with either 5sp auto (A650e) or 6 speed J160 manual. Some have LSD and some not so mixed bag, the diff is the smaller "A" gear set. This is only a sedan format no wagon, no similar US/Euro config.

3.0L 2JZGE 6 cyl engine with 5sp auto (A650e), no manual. Some have LSD some not, the diff is the larger "B" gear set. These were only available in the Gita wagon (SportX), equivalent to AS300, no sedan version.

I have also been told by a Toyota worker here in NZ the Altezza was made from a slightly different steel so is a bit more lightweight, but ive not been able to confirm. I can confirm that the majority of the Altezza dont seem to be as high spec as the US variant, i havent seen any with cruise control, not many (if any) have the 6 speaker stereo amp and sub set up. The ECU appears to have less options in the Altezza as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts