Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a kid in a GTi fly pass me the other day on the highway going to work. I know they have the capability to be very well modified, too. I remember wanting to purchase one of these brand new during 1997-1998. I don't recall the exact year. But I do know this, during one of those years VW came out with those special Driver's Edition of the GTi. They were either available in a bright yellow (similar to Solar Yellow for the IS) or another color called Jazz Blue. (bright blue similar to EBP for the '99 Civic Si except a tad lighter in color) It was a yellow one that passed me.

Anyway... how would our IS fair against one of these things? I just ignored him when he passed me. But it made me wonder... anyone know? Or raced one of these things yet?

Scott.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Scott,
There was a similar thread in the parking lot a week or two ago about a VW Corado. You might want to check it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Careful, I have a friend that has an 84 GTI that is modded to the tune of 420bhp and can do better than 1G on the skidpad.

One bad A** ride. Except for the 19" wheels, looks very very stock. I pitty the fool that tries to use almost anything on the road against him........

[ April 24, 2001: Message edited by: 2mchfun ]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan:

I saw that thread when I did a search for "VW". Thanks... I'm not a VW freak and aside from the different model names, I wasn't quite sure if the Corrado had the same engine/displacement of the '97-'98 GTI VR6.

Scott.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts