Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know if i could beat a 5 speed 2000 mitsubishi eclipse v6 with my 2003 is300 e-shift....both stock.....i need help because i just got challenged and he wants to race for 2 bills.....hahahaa...stupid post but i dont want to lose 2 bills....lol

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Eh... pretty close. My buddy had that generation of Eclipse GT and I beat him a few times and he beat me a few times. Probably mostly due to the fact that he sucked at shifting. :(

·
Registered
554 Posts
well
im had buddy who has eclipse 2002 GT auto convertible
i beat him in any roll or dig ( you need Brake Boost if u do dig )
hey if ur car is stock
never been modded
remember to take out intake filter when u run him ,, will make ur car faster

·
Registered
174 Posts
im guessin u should win... worst case sceneario.. he'll beat u off the line cuz hes lighter... but once u hit 3rd u should win by maybe 1 or 1 1/2 length...

·
Registered
820 Posts
well
hey if ur car is stock
never been modded
Are you serious? That seems so shady... I personally would never do that just to try and win a race. If you need to win that bad, spend some money and get some mods...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well
hey if ur car is stock
never been modded
i just put back in my aem intake and just found out he has a medalion exhaust

·
Registered
554 Posts
now my friend eclipse has Injen intake ,, indivia catback .,, OBx header
i still beat him like a car from dig
lose like 2 feets from roll ,,,...
eclipse is sloww
run without filter is my way sometime
well dont lose to stupid car ... that all

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I think that you have a good chance. Eclipse are slow, especially those models. I beat a couple of them when I drove my sister's stock 91 Integra LS....what a waste of metal...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
im pretty sure you can take the eclipse, i raced this eclipse spyder Gs not to biggy n took off from the beginning and he couldnt catch up at all, im also auto.

·
Registered
355 Posts
my buddy used to have a 2000 gt v6 and from like a 40 roll on the highway i had him all the way up past 100 by a few lengths and his was auto

Reactions: hmongis300

·
Registered
9 Posts
i raced one and i beat him...and if i can do it anyone can haha
n if you dont,dont worry he'll use that money to fix up his shitsubishi

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lol this thread is funny. you guys are actually debating between an is and a eclipse lmao. i havent raced any eclipse's lately so i cant compare, i raced bmw 325i's and some other bmws auddi TT, srt 4, I know most cars are quick than mine but it comes down to driver skill 95% of the time on your daily commute. So leave the eclipse alone and race something with a challenge

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol this thread is funny. you guys are actually debating between an is and a eclipse lmao. i havent raced any eclipse's lately so i cant compare, i raced bmw 325i's and some other bmws auddi TT, srt 4, I know most cars are quick than mine but it comes down to driver skill 95% of the time on your daily commute. So leave the eclipse alone and race something with a challenge
naw he challenged me and said he bet 2 bills that i cant take him....were racing this weekend.....ive seen his engine and everthing is stock...no intake nothing...just a catback exhaust....all i got is an intake.......just he got a 5 speed and i got an e-shift....

·
Registered
70 Posts
oh ok the eshift in my opinion has a slow take off. i assume u will be using the eshift for the race and u'll be brake boosting. good luck

Reactions: hmongis300
1 - 17 of 17 Posts