Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
13,978 Posts
krutoydude said:
http://www.hondahookup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30499&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Very interesting. Guess who it is.
uh oh. is this true? i hope there wasn't any major damage. obviously everyone should know who this is unless someone else in that area has a turbo.

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
Ohh shit... that sucks! Hopefully it wasn't too bad. I'd hate for anything bad to happen to anyones car around here.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
well I know of at least three up in the North NJ NY area...Dt1313--ISman--and the kid from Paisley.. there could be more...

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
The color would help.... Can someone post over there and find out?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
lol.. its not as bad as you think.. i dont think there was much damage at all.... im sure i would have heard an earful if it was bad.... pretty amusing tho... the corvette got spanked and the IS wasn't even tryin that hard....

the 1st run.... they were dead even with the IS shifting way before its redline.... and only at 14lbs...

the 2nd run, still at 14 lbs, but taking each gear to a higher rpm and pulling away pretty easily..

i'll let the owner of the car tell the rest....

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Thats what I'm talkin about, Pulling away easily at 14psi before high rev's.

Sounds like someone familiar. 8)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Well I know for a fact that it wasnt isman... (we were hanging out in Queens Saturday night)

I cant account for Dave or Dan so I hope whomever it was ... will at least PM me... I worry about my friends ;) I'll give them a call.

HAHA nevermind... after reading Freelance's post ("familiar") and Ticals post ("14PSI no where near redline") I kinda got a good guess

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
fairuza11 said:
I know for a fact who it is .. and it was no big deal... the car runs perfect still... and has no problems at all..
Thats good... I hate seeing people $$ go up in smoke ;) Glad it wasnt serious

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dans Stock Car

Well, I just got back from meeting up with Dan, and his gorgeous (stock) IS. Well the damage,was ummm none, just a "burnt wire holder." But he gave me and my friends a show when leaving popeyes, and lets just say dans driving is masterful, and I have never seen a person spin the tires all through first, second, and most of third, while crossing three lanes perpendicular with the road, then recovering. Dan I applaud you and hope you will make it to Spring Valley again this wednesday. FOr everyone that hasn't seen his car, haha, I have.
Everyone try to make it out to spring valley this weekend, check the altogether now forum for a nj meet posted by krutyodude.
Thanks Dan,
Bye

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I just saw that car and everything is fine. I almost shit in my pants when he drifter out of the parking lot. Fuck these corvettes; this wed. there might be a rematch at the meet. so, come represent IS300 in Spring Valley Wed. night. check out all together for more info.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yes children it was me.......It wasn't toooo bad....Just scary to see a fire under your hood....(It obviously couldn't be too bad if a bottle of evian and some air put it out).......Yes I was running low boost....Only hit about 14.3 or 14.6.......The first race I shifted at about 6200.....and it was pretty much neck and neck.....The 2nd race i shifted at about 6500 or so and started to walk him but shut down when my rear view was filled with white smoke.....

In all the car is Perfect......Need to watch the levels of the catch can.....Always remember.....Hot Turbo + Oil = OH SH*T Smoke or Fire or BOTH.......

Dan and krutoydude.....It was great seeing you guys.....Hopefully I can make it on Wednesday I'll try......ps...Had to give ya a lil showing of what it's got..... :D

Not to get too sappy.......THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONCERN........It means a lot to know you guys care......

Dan
02' MSM IS300
STOCK.....
.......It comes with the T-70 and the 6-Speed right ?....
TOYOMOTO Built & Tuned
"I'm so far ahead of my time, I'm bout to start another life
Look behind you, I'm bout to pass you twice"......S.C.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
21 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing