Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
honestly i dont find that very nice for our cars. but an easier way is to bondo over it and just repaint the trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well yeah, im not a fan of the circle lights.
im loving the is250 rear but the whole package is rather costly,
in that pic the rear lights arent as great as they should be which kinda doesnt do it for me.
as for the bondo, would i take out the lights or just leave them in and would it defect my car?
thanks

yeah about buying it, where would i go for it

·
Registered
960 Posts
honestly i dont find that very nice for our cars. but an easier way is to bondo over it and just repaint the trunk.
and it'll crack down the road.

If you want to get rid of the circle lights, take it to a body shop, and get them to weld in a filler plate where the lights use to be. That way you'll never have to worry about water getting in there or it cracking down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
and it'll crack down the road.

If you want to get rid of the circle lights, take it to a body shop, and get them to weld in a filler plate where the lights use to be. That way you'll never have to worry about water getting in there or it cracking down the road.
x2. Still gotta use bondo, but the difference between backyard jobs and professional jobs is their use of good bondos, and using them in the right order. Firm/flexible bondo ("Gold-something)" --> Filler ---> Metal Glaze.

·
Registered
960 Posts
x2. Still gotta use bondo, but the difference between backyard jobs and professional jobs is their use of good bondos, and using them in the right order. Firm/flexible bondo ("Gold-something)" --> Filler ---> Metal Glaze.
I know they'll still use filler. BUT the way he said it, it sounded like he was going towards filling the entire hole in with filler/bondo.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
no trunks is fugly!!! the rear is one of the best parts of the car. part of what drew me too it!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
yeah that looks like a EVOnda with altezzas .. but that is a CF trunk w/o the trunk lights made by chargespeed. i havent seen any others around. i would say just get some dark vinyl for the inner lights if your car is dark

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
TRD makes a deck lid without the center tails. But at $1900 but shipping, I doubt you want to go that route.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yea I have the TRD one and yes it was expensive but worth it. On my car it's hard to tell from a far that it's carbon fiber but up close it is a thing of beauty (assuming you like Carbon Fiber). I also got the TRD Carbon Fiber hood :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yea I have the TRD one and yes it was expensive but worth it. On my car it's hard to tell from a far that it's carbon fiber but up close it is a thing of beauty (assuming you like Carbon Fiber). I also got the TRD Carbon Fiber hood :)

I know what you mean about the weave. I have the TRD hood. I want the deck lid badly.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
I know what you mean about the weave. I have the TRD hood. I want the deck lid badly.
same here, got the hood and want the deck lid badly :cool:

hey manuels madness, can you tell me if the inside of the trunk lid mounts the carpeting and everything just like stock? and what did you do with the inner light wiring, since you'd need to keep them connected for the dash light? +rep for having both front and back!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Looks great without the middle lights... I dunno that it looks better, but different.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The lining is on but i had disable both of the props that fling the trunk open. It's way to freakin light so if I enable one the trunk still flexes way too much. It's that damn light. So the stock linging is on I can take pics if you want. Below are pics of my hood. I had to make it a bit unique. I gotta say my car is no longer stock :p I really came to realize that when my neighbor asked me when did I get a new car and what happened to my Lexus. Maybe it's time to slow down. Maybe not.....

same here, got the hood and want the deck lid badly :cool:

hey manuels madness, can you tell me if the inside of the trunk lid mounts the carpeting and everything just like stock? and what did you do with the inner light wiring, since you'd need to keep them connected for the dash light? +rep for having both front and back!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
It looks good. But like others said before Im not sure I like it more. Interesting look though.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
The lining is on but i had disable both of the props that fling the trunk open. It's way to freakin light so if I enable one the trunk still flexes way too much. It's that damn light. So the stock linging is on I can take pics if you want. Below are pics of my hood. I had to make it a bit unique. I gotta say my car is no longer stock :p I really came to realize that when my neighbor asked me when did I get a new car and what happened to my Lexus. Maybe it's time to slow down. Maybe not.....

that's neat how you blended the sides in. did you paint the trunk (btw did it come with a CF license bar)? and yes, if you have pictures that would be nice :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
those trunks look like they belong on a civic

is300 has always been slammed for looking plain jane. the worst you could do is make it look even moreso... just imo

1 - 20 of 45 Posts