Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm currently working on changing my clutch, but I'm trying to figure how I need to take off my transmission. Does anyone that has did this job before could help me a little?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started tearing apart the interior, but I can't find two screw that Dark2JZ is talking about in his how-to. Can anyone tell me or show me how to acces the 2 bolts held in behind the circular discs on each side of the swivel of the armrest.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I don't know if i'm thinking of the same screws that you are, but there are two black caps on both sides of the center console around the shifter area. They pop off with a screw driver revealing two screws.

Kind of a bad pic, but the first pic is what i think you are looking for. This is from the ralco thread. click

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perfect, thx. +rep

Do you know if I absolutely need to move the whole engine to move the tranny down like he is saying in his how-to? Because, for now I removed all the bolts around the pressure plate except 1 that is on the top on the driver side. I haven't tryed to remove it yet, but I'm not sure if I'll be able without moving the engine.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
there's a .pdf floating around too :approve:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found the 2 screws I needed to take off. It's easier to get the shifter away, just by moving the center console a little.

I found a way to unscrew the last bolt around the tranny near the engine, I just need a smaller tool which I'm going to buy tomorow. That way, I won't need to move the engine.

The last thing that is slowing me are the 14mm bolts and nuts that hold the shaft to the diff. They are damn tigh. I'm going to need the help of my big friend I think. :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have another little problem

I have unbolted everything and it's free to move now without having to move the engine with the headers and etc. I have to call a friend to help me move it now.

My problem is that I started moving it and it looks like if there was still a bolt over the top right, but I know I took them all and I can't touch or see anything that could do that. It may not be anything serious and it may go out easily but I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what could do that.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
gimme a sec, i'll pull up the .pdf for the trans and post it up for ya

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
here ya go, see attached...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts