Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn i m so pissed that my is300 doesnt hold value for shit. i m looking to trade my car sometime at end of the summer and i have about 58k in my car and i owed too much for what is worth. does anyone has any idea what should ido? keep it or trade in now. i want to keep with lexus family. please help.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
You'll have a higher value if you sold it rather than traded in with a dealer Most def.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
All vehicle resale values have been dropping over the last couple years.

If you owe more than it is worth, I suggest keeping your car for another year or two. Is there something wrong with your car?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is nothing wrong with my car. i just dont like keeping car for more than two years an specially with high mileges. i do like my car. i was hoping to stay with the lexus family. my goal is to get into a 2005 model and hope that is fwd.:):) or awd.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How come you didn't decide to lease the car since you were only planning to keep it for a few years? Is it because you tend to put high mileage on it?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Its because of sites like IS300.net and buyers like us that ruin the resale for the IS300. Face it, once you disfigure a car, the value goes down tremendously. Also when you go in to dealerships and whine about ur warranty and ur mods.. it helps contribute to the depreciation of IS300's.

Think about it, Thats one to grow on.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Any car that holds 50% of its original value after 3 years is doing pretty well. One must also consider that since the 2004 models recently came out, all previous models instantly became another year older.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The IS300 has avg resale (source: Consumer Reports) & the worst resale of any Lexus. It also trails all its competitors in resale. Bad for new owners but good for used buyers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was just hooked when i first drove it and i wanted one righ away. so i got an 01 thinking was the right moved but guess.not ALSO THE car had high milege when i got it.. anyway. just my .02

·
Registered
565 Posts
i read in a magazine last month about all of the re-sale values of cares and the Honda Odesssey Mini Van was the highest and the Acura NSX and BMW M3 were right up there.....and for the car class the IS300 was in the value held itself pretty well. Dont hold me ot this but i beleive after 2 years the value goes down to like 63 percent of original value and then 4 years its like 52 percent......

·
2,360 Posts
Resale value is totaly subjective. It's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay.
Trading in your IS is definitely the WORST thing you could do money wise. Sell it locally in the classifieds or in the autotrader.
Anything that's modded has a smaller market as well. If your car is modded and you have the parts to put it back to stock then do so. Mods make it harder to sell and you get nothing for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts