Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come full circle. I decided to sell my 09 IS-F after the birth of my second child. I bought the car the same month my wife got pregnant so the timing wasn't perfect. I miss the power and elegance of the F, but I am enjoying the simplicity of my new to me Sportcross!

From this: 2003 IS300

To this: 2009 IS-F

To this: 2002 Sportcross, 82K miles, one owner!

I already tinted the windows 20% all the way around. I ordered a BORLA catback, JOE-Z intake and AFE drop in today. I can't wait! More pics to follow! I have always wanted a Sportcross and jumped on this one when I saw how clean it was. I will go back to an IS-F or a CTS-V wagon when the time comes...but this will do for now!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Congrats brother! Welcome to the family! Boy, I thought I would never come across someone going from an ISF to the Sportcross. lol Did you already sell your ISF? You should throw on those OEM ISF wheels on the sportcross! Would look pretty clean....especially with a lowered Sportx.

Nice work already on your list of mods...Tell me something....what are some things you like about the sportcross that the ISf doesn't have? Just curious......I want to jump in on the ISF....but will soon start a family.....maybe the wife can take over my Sportcross and I will get the ISF. =)

Cheers!
Josh

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ditto on the congrats and welcome! :)

Hey Sway: Those IS-F wheels would look sweet, though I'm not sure if they fit?? I thought I read that the offset combined with the width would cause some major poke and suspension rub. Maybe it was the F-Sport wheels? :confused:

Would look sweet though!... he he.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Did you just photoshop that? That looks so clean! It should fit....maybe a lil fender roll on the rears...but the fronts should be good. I forgot the offset but the width is 8 and 9. I remember seeing a sedan owner with those wheels.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sway,
What I like about the Cross is that there are very few around...I see fewer riding around than I did F's. The IS-F is definitely workable with a family. We drove my F from NM to Az with four of us...myself, my wife, our four year old and a two week old baby. I only sold it to get out of a car payment. That way paying for fulltime childcare won't hurt so bad. The F was incredible and I miss it everyday...but the Sportcross is growing on me. I love the first gen IS's!!!

You know waht I miss most about the F? The V8 and 8spd of course...the seats...and the back up cam.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did you just photoshop that? That looks so clean! It should fit....maybe a lil fender roll on the rears...but the fronts should be good. I forgot the offset but the width is 8 and 9. I remember seeing a sedan owner with those wheels.
I did, thanks man! I try to get my mocks to be as realistic as possible; lighting, angle, seeing actual brake setups behind, etc. ;)

More of my samples on the PS wheel request forum!

I do love me those wheels though :) The new G37's are a near perfect knockoff...

Best of luck with the new ride bunker!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on the new sportX. Ive had many cars. from the lexus family I had two GS4 and one is3 coupe 5 sp now my sportcross. I also own a supra mk4. I have to say the sportx is a unique car. Not many around and looks great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

I got the windows tinted 20% all the way around and then slapped on the Borla cat-back. I am still waiting on the Joe-Z intake pipe though. Here are some more pics...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the JoeZ pipe on and dropped in the AFE filter. It sounds great paired with the Borla...almost stock...the way it should have sounded from the factory...quiet but strong sounding.

I am waiting on the audio equipment that I ordered. Hopefull I can install that next week.

Then in a few thousand more miles I will order the Eibach pro-kit and Bilstein shocks. That will be about it for this 2002 SX!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Juic,
I ordered it directly from Borla two weeks ago...they still had three on hand. So there should be two left. This is my second Borla, I had one on my 03 IS300 too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very nice looking! Funny, I'm looking at the exact same one (02 Silver SX) I'm heading to the dealership today to take a look at it.

Probably should change your sig though lol

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Sway,
What I like about the Cross is that there are very few around...I see fewer riding around than I did F's. The IS-F is definitely workable with a family. We drove my F from NM to Az with four of us...myself, my wife, our four year old and a two week old baby. I only sold it to get out of a car payment. That way paying for fulltime childcare won't hurt so bad. The F was incredible and I miss it everyday...but the Sportcross is growing on me. I love the first gen IS's!!!

You know waht I miss most about the F? The V8 and 8spd of course...the seats...and the back up cam.

Nice post man. I like how I rarely see the sportx in my neck of the woods as well. One day though, I want to pick up an IS-F but also keep my Sportx. How are you enjoying it now with the upgrade on intake and exhaust? Hey you know, you could always install the back up cam on your Sportcross. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts