Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find a thread? I remember there was a fairly large thread that showed people's various tint % percentages on the IS300 but I can't seem to find the thread now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
NO go 20 % perfect, kidding, but i think 35 does not make enough of a difference to pay all that money, actually its all illegal up front, only the rears can be tinted, depending on your car color and interior and how dark u want it, its up to you, anything darker than 20 will give u visability problems so careful, and most places only offer tint in 10 or sometimes 5% increments, I have 20% on a black onyx black interior and i paid $180, im happy, i had 35 in my altima w tan interior and it was a little too light for me, but its all preference, good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
this is 30%

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
this is 20% they used a thick film though so its a lot darker than other 20%'s

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have 20% also, You can go with maybe a 30-32% depending on what manufacturer your tint guy uses.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

Thats what we call LIMO baby!!!! 5% (20 on Windshield)

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's super hot here in FL....and I'd rather not have people being able to see what's inside easily...so I went with 15%. I'm Glad I didn't go any lighter ;)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
T i h o r said:
Ur INSANE! lol
If only I could remembered how many tint tickets I have had.... :) The yellow one is my BABY though :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
hidinginthelight said:
It's super hot here in FL....and I'd rather not have people being able to see what's inside easily...so I went with 15%. I'm Glad I didn't go any lighter ;)
when i went to miami 2 months ago, i was surprised at all the cars with tint, like 8 out of 10 cars had all around tint, benz, piece-of-shits, dint matter, even the cop cars had tint, looking mean

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Those look nice, guys. Only thing that sucks about having tint that dark, is you can't see SHYT at night, nevermind if its raining.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Go with 30%.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have any more pictures at 30%?

Also does anyone have any pictures at 25%?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts