Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IS has 91K, so it is time to replace the timing belt. I also want to do the drive belt (it should be another $30) and the front seals (.5 hr of work or so).

I live in the Boston area.

So far the cheapest I have been able to find is
-Toyota of Wellesey - $925+tax
-Lexus Nothborough - $1150+tax ( including -$100 deal)

Should I go with Lexus service to Toyota for $200 cheaper? What did you guys pay?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am also doing it myself, but if I had to choose, I would bite the bullet and go with Lexus. Yes it is a Toyota engine, but it's not a car the Toyo techs will have seen very often. I would say that extra $200 is worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
The techs at the Toyota should handle your IS just fine. I take mine to my local Toyota dealership for all my services.

If you don't want to DIY...buy the parts then bring them to Toyota. That's what I do.

·
Registered
219 Posts
DIY. hopefully you can meet some gearheads that have wrenching skillz and can "help or guide" you through working on the car. best of luck.

btw +1 on buying the parts yourself then going to the dealer if thats what your going to do.

·
Registered
910 Posts
RAPE! Search around here for a DIY. Hell my old thread(how to rebuild the 2jz) might have enough pics to walk you right through it. Its even shows how to set your timing. This job is not hard at all. Will take you about 3 hours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.