Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm gonna try and start an IS300 tech page. Seems like ppl want it but no one else wants to or has time to do it. I only have two things on there right now, and both are originally from TEG. I tried to translate the post's conversation-like language into step by step directions to make it easier to follow. If I got something wrong please correct me. Right now the DRL and TRAC mods are up. The page is located here: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~sniimoto/is3tech.htm

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Thanks for doing that...

Other things I have done are:
* put a switch to turn the heated mirrors on/off
* added a subwoofer
* moved the rear armrest to the front
* dimmed the "ECT PWR" and "TRAC" dashboard indicators.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by TEG:
Thanks for doing that...

Other things I have done are:
* put a switch to turn the heated mirrors on/off
* added a subwoofer
* moved the rear armrest to the front
* dimmed the "ECT PWR" and "TRAC" dashboard indicators.
I must have missed the post on the switch for the mirrors, I've seen the subwoofer/armrest transplant/install mod, but there is no instructions, as far as I know, written for them. I could just put the pics up. It would also help if anyone could take a pic and circle/point out the box thing for the DRL mod, etc. Pics are always helpful. Maybe I will just post the pics of the subwoofer/armrest mod.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You could also put on some aftermarket part installation instructions. If yopu want me to, when I get some parts and put it on I will email you the instructions if it's not already up there. Lemme know...heres my email

[email protected]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Scott, we can host your stuff here, under the Resources section. That's the kind of stuff we need, really.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GPR: Yeah that would be great. I'm trying to make a tech articles section much like the Supra guys have. The IS3 is much newer of course, and the market is (IMHO) less into mods. Hopefully you guys can prove me wrong.
One guy (TurboIS) isn't enough!!!

Tony, I offered to do something like this in the thread about the Non IS300 General Discussion forum but got no response. I guess it got lost in the rest of the post. I'd be happy to let this reside under the IS300.net address, no problem, just lemme know.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, added TEG's sub/armrest mod. I was thinking of putting TEG's "Sharpie Pen Dash Light mod", but decided against recommending coloring the dashboard w/ a permanent pen. I may put it as a note though, unless someone else comes up with something better.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I will have to show you the dual baby-seat mod pretty soon

Some eRam pictures coming soon as well.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
How about some scrap tint film instead of the permanent pen?

Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
Okay, added TEG's sub/armrest mod. I was thinking of putting TEG's "Sharpie Pen Dash Light mod", but decided against recommending coloring the dashboard w/ a permanent pen. I may put it as a note though, unless someone else comes up with something better.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by JW:
How about some scrap tint film instead of the permanent pen?

I was thinking of that too, but I don't wanna put anything up there until someone actually does it and finds out if it works or not.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by mrclam:
niiiiice, pictures would make it even more kickazz :p
Well Clam, I would love to put pics, but I can't...why? I don't have any. Unless ppl take pics of the mods as they do them, or before/after, whenevers during the modding, I can't put the pics. So right now it is just text and what little pics I have.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
it looks great now but i guess later on if TEG has a chance he can take a pic of waht he does or soemthing =) that'd make it truly awesome

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i saw TEG's dual baby seat thingie...it's cool, but i think it's not a mod that everyone will want...i know i'll be a while before i put that mod in my car...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
HyperMKIV
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing