Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI:

(Rx7club.com bboard had a meltdown so the posting is no longer available... sorry)

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited February 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I dunno bout whoopin an Rx8... I personally owned a tuned Rx7 and they actually tough to beat.

The new rotarie's are pumping out near 280HP without turbo So I'd keep comments to a minimum until we see the track results.

Ignorance on the RX7 board about the IS300 platform can be helped.. sad but true.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The RX8 is not a replacement for the RX7.

------------------
I'll dump my Mustang for an IS...if and when they EVER make an IS coupe!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
only one person said something offensive, the rest of them seems to like the car. at least it isnt a flame post.

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, it was mostly positive, except a bunch of them didn't seem to care for the rear nor interior styling... I was just waiting to see the next stupid comment rtryrktrx7 posted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmmmmm..... RX-8 250hp @ 9,000 RPMs stock.... Hmmmmm...... Rotory ownz you
5th gen Supra??? hehe well we'll see....

I've heard stories of RX-7 T's pushing 12k redlines... so..... if you can do that with an RX-8 your car will be in 3rd before they even shift outta first

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
i had sooooooo much fun on that site!! check it out!!

well ohhh well they are all chumps!!

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Omni... My RX Tach went up to 10,000 so iactually wouldnt be surprised. Oh by the way.. i saw a spy photo a year ago about a 2003 Mazda Sports Sedan targeted at BMW 3 series It looked PHAT ...actually very very similar to the Lexus IS. It was in Automobile Magazine early last year. It was pumping out a N/A 280HP STOCK in a newly designed Rotary. can you imagine with a turbo, free flow exhaust and an intake? GEEZ! The prototype Mazda did look great and it did resemble the IS very much... maybe look for it on the autoshow circuit this or next year. God bless the Rotary!

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
all the rx-7 guys need to hear is have an apex seal and a smile

btw no i didn't read the site...just sayin...heh

[This message has been edited by HIBBoyScott (edited February 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Make no mistake guys.The Wankel engine is a very powerfull engine for its size. I grew up with friends that would race nothing but wankel engines on RX3 platforms. The engine is relatively easy to tweak if you know how too. Just by polishing the chambers and carburetor tune up,the engine can rev up to 13 to 15k RPMS and do low 12s consistantelly.

------------------
AD ASTRA PER ASPERA Silver,Graphite, Black
Fully Loaded

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They seem to have "pruned" their site drastically. Maybe they had a server crash or something. Too bad... Oh well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, RX7s rule RX8 rule IS300 rule Teg Type Rs rule.......am I the only one who has respect and loves good cars? I could go on all day with cars that rule so if i left yours out dont go crying about it I probably love it too.

BTW the RX7 board got hacked they had to start over from 0 posts.

Later,
Brandon

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Taino... I know what you mean... AM I THE ONLY ONE BESIDES YOU WHO HAVE SEEN THESE KILLER RX3's and RX2's serving NOS Mustangs their A$$es on a platter.

MY RX7 was running low 13's with very mild tuning

I sure miss Fountain Ave.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
apparently peter farrell (huge RX7 tuner) agrees with all of us lexus owners, as the rumor is that he bought an IS300 to tune up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing