Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can u get those in black or body color, or do they have to be hoopty silver? is that an option?

inquiring minds want to know

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
From stock option.....NO!!

But i'm quite sure there're aftermarket makes that'llhave that (in Japan anyways)

·
Registered
343 Posts
nah.. the chrome is how it comes.. although you can get taillight covers for them.. dunno about the dealer here, but in Japan its a dealer option..

Hey Geoff, I've been cruising the web looking for some stats.. but I figure I might as well just ask you.. how fast is a Type-S in the quarter mile ? ET and MPH, if available..

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by oh-dawg:
nah.. the chrome is how it comes.. although you can get taillight covers for them.. dunno about the dealer here, but in Japan its a dealer option..

Hey Geoff, I've been cruising the web looking for some stats.. but I figure I might as well just ask you.. how fast is a Type-S in the quarter mile ? ET and MPH, if available..
fastest i've seen is 60 in 6.44, 1/4 mile in 14.98...can't remember mph

·
Registered
86 Posts
how fast is a Type-S in the quarter mile ? ET and MPH, if available..
From members of the CL forum on Honda-Acura.net:
best GTech time 0-60: 6.25
the same guy consistently runs 6.3 - 6.4

another member did the 1/4 in 14.7 with a stock CL-S. Several other members have gotten right around 15.0.
Road & Track got 14.8 in the 1/4 during the 328Ci/CL-S comparo test. I think the mph was around 96mph?? Can't remember

I haven't gone to the track with mine yet mostly because I don't really want to know how bad of a driver I am!! I can just see myself pulling a 16.0 1/4 mile

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
can u get those in black or body color, or do they have to be hoopty silver? is that an option?

inquiring minds want to know
if you're crafty, you could probably disassemble the light housing, separate the silver reflector from the glass shell, and paint the non-functioning parts of the reflector whatever color you want. i would obviously keep the reflectors directly behind the lights as silver so they can function as intended.

i think this would be a very worthwhile mod for this car.

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
86 Posts
Golden/Geoff,

Is there a severe loss of traction when you nail it from a stand-still ?
I wouldn't say a severe loss, but you will definitely spin out for a second or two (with VSA off, of course). When the car was brand new, with VSA on, the car just got up and went!! It was pretty amazing. No tire chirp or spin and no indication that the traction control was cutting power. Now that the tires are a bit worn, you can feel VSA cut the power but it's not too bad. My parents have a '98 Avalon with trac and when you nail the throttle from a stand-still it cuts ALL power to the engine and sends you flying toward the steering wheel!! That has got to be the worst traction control system I've ever seen! I hope your guys' IS doesn't do that!!

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Do you guys know the weight dif between a CL and a TL ? I hear that they'll make an S-Type TL next year and was curious if the 4 door's weight would eat into performance.

I would have bought one if it had 4 doors that Nav system was damn cool too.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Do you guys know the weight dif between a CL and a TL ? I hear that they'll make an S-Type TL next year and was curious if the 4 door's weight would eat into performance.

I would have bought one if it had 4 doors that Nav system was damn cool too.
weight diff is considerable, don't know exact numbers

there will be a type s TL, tho

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
weight diff is considerable, don't know exact numbers

there will be a type s TL, tho

Weight difference is not significant. The two cars are nearly identical in all dimensions. Curb weights from edmunds.com:
CL - 3470
CLS - 3510
TL - 3483

Assuming the TL-S would weigh an extra 40lbs like the CLS does over the CL and that puts the TL-S at 3523. The nav system weighs 15lbs!! Performance should be identical in a TL-S. I hope they make it too!!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from what i understand the tl-s is a sure bet...my spiffy acura salesman verified it was roadmapped

that would solve the 4 door problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts