·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi DiodeDynamics,

I was wondering... the LED bulb you guys sell for the tail lights, have you ever tested it? It doesn't fit in the tail light, physically, it's too long and hits the light inside. I'm talking about this item: 2001-2005 Lexus IS Sedan Tail Light LEDs (pair) - IS - Lexus - Bulbs By Vehicle - Lighting

Any option for the customer who bought them?
Simon,

If you are having fitment issues with our tail light bulbs, please send us an email: [email protected]

Our customer service team with assist you, and provide a refund if needed

Or call: (314) 205-3033

We will get you taken care of!

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Which model did you get?

I was looking at the brightest ones but was hesitant for that very reason...customer service was honest when I called several months back and said that they hadn't verified fitment but offered a hassle free return policy.

Diode, since the inner IS tails and many other applications(miata tailights for example) are fairly small/compact, I think it could save you guys a lot of time/hassle/shipping costs if you put size comparison pictures of your different bulbs next to a standard halogen.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which model did you get?

I was looking at the brightest ones but was hesitant for that very reason...customer service was honest when I called several months back and said that they hadn't verified fitment but offered a hassle free return policy.
Was the question for me? If so, the one I got are the HP11 (second brightest of the list they offer). They don't fit. They did told me the SMD27 is the only shorter ones (the less bright model). I can't say if it fits, I guess you have to order and see for yourself!
Since I'm an international customer (Canada), they also couldn't provide me with a return label to save the shipping fees. They told me I would have to send them back, get a refund and buy the SMD27. Which I still didn't do... but I probably should as the bulbs are of no use for me in their package sitting in a box. 60 bucks bulbs lol. Yeah I should return them.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Which model did you get?

Diode, since the inner IS tails and many other applications(miata tailights for example) are fairly small/compact, I think it could save you guys a lot of time/hassle/shipping costs if you put size comparison pictures of your different bulbs next to a standard halogen.
careful with the inner lights, as the bulb comes from the bottom, not straight in, like the tail lights. If you go with an LED that only shines forward, you're going to have a bad time (ask me how I know).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Which model did you get?

We are looking for an IS300 to bring into the studio for testing and comparison shots. If we can confirm the HP11 and XP80's don't fit the tail lights on the IS, we will remove them from the site to prevent any potential fitment issues.

Also, we are in the process of making substantial updates to our website and will have technical schematics and measurements for every bulb available.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will always make sure the customer is taken care of, especially if there is a fitment related issue.

OP, I also apologize if our warranty team didn't handle your order properly. Please give us a call and our operations manager will make sure you are taken care of: (314) 205-3033

If you guys have any fitment related questions, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033, We have products available for every location, but haven't created threads because we don't have comparison photos available yet

Nick C.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has this ever been resolved or figured out what will fit in our trunk tail lights? I'd like to order some, but don't want to go through the hassle if they won't even fit.
Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
We have a new bulb model coming out soon that is much shorter in length and should fit just fine

We will post an update when it's available

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts