Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my girlfriend is crazy about the car and she has been trying to get her parents to get her one. What do all of you think? do you think a car like the IS300 is suitable for a female? no, I'm not trying to be sexist here, I just want to hear some opinions from you guys, the owners. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
of course is300 is suitable for women
I just met some girls in white IS300, and damn.....
the friends of the owner are hot.. (not the owner though.. hehe)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes, I think the IS is suitable for female drivers. As I have seen few of them on the road, 80% of them are driven by females.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since I hardly see my IS because my wife is always driving it, I'd have to assume it's suitable

------------------
'01 SBM IS300

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I think the ultimate car in that price range for a female would be the Audi A4 2.8 Quattro (after all my sister has one)... I would give the IS300 as a close 2nd being just fine for women to drive. When I stopped by the Lexus dealership awhile back there was a second hand 1999 White GS400 w/chromed 17inch wheels + spoiler (low miles) in the Showroom. For curiosity sake I asked the dealer why it was traded in and he told me that they trade in GS400s often because men buy them for their wives whom which complain that there is too much power and trade them in for GS300s.... interesting...huhh?
Eric....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I also went from my SUV to the IS.
I loved my truck, but i love my iS
that much more. My blazer was pretty
much a show car with custom paint, spoiler,
body kit, and sound system. my big problem
with it was that it guzzled.. like a beer
bong, any gasoline that was in it.

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Yellow Cab:
Hi, my girlfriend is crazy about the car and she has been trying to get her parents to get her one. What do all of you think? do you think a car like the IS300 is suitable for a female? no, I'm not trying to be sexist here, I just want to hear some opinions from you guys, the owners. Thank you for your time.
it's *mainly* a female car...i don't see the issue here

·
Registered
63 Posts
My question is when is a car NOT suitable for a woman driver???

I just don't understand the question... when does a person's sex determine what's suitable? I always thought it was more dependant on their needs (practicality, # of seats & room needed, cost, personal preferences, etc.) vs. whether they peed standing up or not.

I'm honestly not trying to be a pain or stir anything up, because I honestly don't understand and would love to have you guys help me on this.

Annie
Y2K S2K - is a race prepared S2000 a suitable chick car?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
nancy..

definitely.. from an architect's view...
this is a very well designed car. this
is definitely why i have waited so long
for it. i think the car definitely compliments an architects views...
so you're an architect? i'm actually thinking
of spreading my field into a little web design and presentation skills. we'll see
what happens though...

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
What are you talking about??? This IS a chicks car. Where is all the manly man stuff like a MANual transmission, or enough power to at least be aware that there is an engine in the car? Its still cool though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by Mark:
Yes, I think the IS is suitable for female drivers. As I have seen few of them on the road, 80% of them are driven by females.
80% of IS's are driven by women ?? Where on earth did you get the 80% stat ? Sounds just a little high to me. Sure you're not talking about the VW beetle ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Im serious, the Is300 isn't only for YOUNG MALES.
Im a 40yr Young Female CPA and I love My IS!

So does my 40+ year old hubby,15yr old son and seven yr old son.

Denise.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Originally posted by Banannie:
My question is when is a car NOT suitable for a woman driver???

I just don't understand the question... when does a person's sex determine what's suitable? I always thought it was more dependant on their needs (practicality, # of seats & room needed, cost, personal preferences, etc.) vs. whether they peed standing up or not.

I'm honestly not trying to be a pain or stir anything up, because I honestly don't understand and would love to have you guys help me on this.

Annie
Y2K S2K - is a race prepared S2000 a suitable chick car?
Annie, with all due respect, the S2000 is the ultimate man's car. Most women wouldn't know what to do with the 9000RPM redline and they would panic when the rear end starts swinging out. Also, all the women I know despise the stark interior.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone notice that there is an over abdunance of 1997 A4 in your local autoshopper. Reason being after the warranty runs out noone can afford to keep up on the maintenance. Damn things keep breaking down. Not a car I'd want my wife or girlfriend driving.
My $.02
IAN.

Originally posted by EricK:
I think the ultimate car in that price range for a female would be the Audi A4 2.8 Quattro (after all my sister has one)... I would give the IS300 as a close 2nd being just fine for women to drive. When I stopped by the Lexus dealership awhile back there was a second hand 1999 White GS400 w/chromed 17inch wheels + spoiler (low miles) in the Showroom. For curiosity sake I asked the dealer why it was traded in and he told me that they trade in GS400s often because men buy them for their wives whom which complain that there is too much power and trade them in for GS300s.... interesting...huhh?
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Well my sis's car is now a year and a half years old and she hasn't had any problems to date... It's a nice car and a fantastic car driving through inclement weather. You can't pass judgement on something until you've experienced it for yourself...
Eric...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing