Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am new here, I just turned 16 the other day and my parent's decided to help me get my dream car "The IS300",
its an 01' MSM IS300

I saw a dude with a Stock Navigation in the IS300 and I loved how it Said "Lexus" with the startup and I always thought Navi is a good thing no matter what, Im used to one with my folk's cars.

So to the question: " Is it possible for me to get a stock or aftermarket Navi System into the IS?

if so, where can I get a Stock one, or even a good Aftermarket one for around 500ish Bux.

Thanx in advance :p :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it possible to retrofit the Stock navi from a Newer IS to Mine?
if its Aftermarket then what do you think is best that can be nicely installed in the top center console?

·
Registered
66 Posts
nav

hey dude i have the stock navigation in mine and trust me its NOT WORTH the time to put in to put the stock navigation in.... not only do u have to find a stock nav you have to run all the wiring harnesses...patch a mute cable into your stock headunit, install the nav control..... and run the satellite antenna..and mount the nav ECU brain in your trunk... not worth it... PLUS the stock navigation ISNT touch screen...i hate it...i would suggest going with a double din touchscreen headunit that has the navigation feature built it...plus those also come with bluetooth usually....

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah... the stock navigation was cool... a decade ago. You're better off getting an aftermarket GPS unit... and then you can load a Lexus symbol image on it to use as your start up screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts